#137056 by radar
05 Sep 2006, 01:42
Originally posted by Attitude23
Understand what you are saying Radar, although maybe not totally agree with all your suggestion [:I] why not just donate to VF through the link on the top of the main forum screen if you would like to help with the running costs? Of course this is totally your choice but just an idea if you really wanted to give more cash to VF[y]

I hear what you are saying, but I am talking about a 'proper' monthly subscription or similar. Totally respect if you don't agree with that, but that is my preferred way of contributing cash. I have now bought a red membership to support my addiction for the time being [:p] (incidentally, Pete, if not already printed, save youself some extra cash and don't worry about sending my membership card - I'll just have a silver one when I get there [y]), and expect to buy my Silver one soon (to match my Silver FC). Hopefully I will be Gold by Christmas - both FC and VF :D.

Andrew
#137059 by mcuth
05 Sep 2006, 01:50
Originally posted by radar
I hear what you are saying, but I am talking about a 'proper' monthly subscription or similar.

Good, good - we like people wanting to contribute to the upkeep of the site, and of course the admin team's vast salaries ;):D[y]

NB, just so no-one takes the last part of that sentence seriously, none of the admin/mod/directors receive a penny in return for their work on the site - though we're not averse to receiving beer in lieu at social events ;)

In all seriousness though, it's needed - those excess bandwith charges can get very excessive, particularly when we get hit by other sites/press referring/linking to us (sometimes popularity is your own worst enemy!).

Anyway, just so we avoid this being a rehash of previous discussions about membership options, like Pete said earlier "we are looking at a number of options for the future growth of V-Flyer, including a new (more reliable) server, new design, new features, and yes, subscriptions amongst other things.". So, it's all under development folks, bear with us ;)

Cheers

Michael
#137086 by Littlejohn
05 Sep 2006, 08:03
Originally posted by VS-EWR
I wish one of them would be near me so I can finally go to one. [:(]

Are you volunteering to orgainse on near you?
#137245 by VS-EWR
05 Sep 2006, 20:32
Originally posted by sailor99
Originally posted by VS-EWR
I wish one of them would be near me so I can finally go to one. [:(]

Are you volunteering to orgainse on near you?

Not exactly, I'm afraid I'm terrible at organizing anything. Perhaps when the Virgin Limited Edition opens up near by we could have a virgin spa extravaganza.
#137260 by ny
05 Sep 2006, 21:20
Pete I hope I did not cause offence with this question, It was just a question that popped in to my head. I think the site is great and spend hours reaing all the reviews.I dont contribute very often but I am just not great at expressing things.
#137271 by Neil
05 Sep 2006, 21:36
Originally posted by ny
Pete I hope I did not cause offence with this question, It was just a question that popped in to my head. I think the site is great and spend hours reaing all the reviews.I dont contribute very often but I am just not great at expressing things.

I imagine Pete will be happy you asked this question, this thread devolped quite nicely and hopefully might of "reminded" a few people about buying/upgrading memberships, which is all good

Neil:)
#137458 by pjh
06 Sep 2006, 11:45
Originally posted by Attitude23
Originally posted by ny

I imagine Pete will be happy you asked this question, this thread devolped quite nicely and hopefully might of "reminded" a few people about buying/upgrading memberships, which is all good

No might have...did...well, at least one..[:w]

Paul
#137463 by Neil
06 Sep 2006, 11:51
Originally posted by pjh

No might have...did...well, at least one..[:w]

Paul

Exactly, made tight wad Mr Paul above FINALLY get his pennies out ;)(had to get you back some how for publically pointing out my errors matey!!)
#137471 by G-VROY
06 Sep 2006, 11:57
Originally posted by RichardMannion
And yes I am working on the third version of the V-Book, buying a house got in the way!

New version content so far:

Denied Boarding Compensation and the EU guidelines
Select Vouchers (how, where and when)
Section on the changes to the Flyign CLub earlier in the year
Simplified destination guide to give a snapshot of miles earned, number of miles needed for a reward etc...
Updated FAQ
Updated schedules
Updated Fare Class Guide
Updated guide to RTW tickets

Thanks,
Richard

where can you purchase the book apart from ccafepress.com?
#137477 by Littlejohn
06 Sep 2006, 12:04
What's wrong with cafepress? It sells books, including this one, and what more is there to say.
#137492 by G-VROY
06 Sep 2006, 12:25
i just dont like signing up my credit card details to them all! can you pay by paypal?[}:)]
Virgin Atlantic