#15173 by locutus
19 Sep 2006, 15:23
SecureComputing have classed V-Flyer as a chat site. I now can't access it at work [:(!] so just wondered if there are any other URLs that get you access to the site that may still be allowed? TIA. :D
#139676 by mcmbenjamin
19 Sep 2006, 15:49
Honestly after the all the 'What aircraft am I on', 'How much crap can I take' and 'How to get more people in the CH' have been answered for the billionth time; what else is talk about.

Hang around and wait for a VS press release or new hand baggage ban? Naww, go for a jog or something. :)
#139734 by Neil
19 Sep 2006, 19:47
The thing is, V-Flyer is a chat site, we come on here and chat about VS/Flying/Holidays and everything else (speedo's[:I]) so the classification is correct really, tough one, I am sure if there is a way round it Pete or one of the Mods will advise.

Neil:)
#139753 by pjh
19 Sep 2006, 20:31
Originally posted by mcmbenjamin
Honestly after the all the 'What aircraft am I on', 'How much crap can I take' and 'How to get more people in the CH' have been answered for the billionth time; what else is talk about.

Hang around and wait for a VS press release or new hand baggage ban? Naww, go for a jog or something. :)

True up to a point but it's a damn sight more fun to read than yet another company motivational missive and less likely to get you fired than an email from Popbitch...

Paul
#139901 by VS045
20 Sep 2006, 21:02
How about ba-flyer, not;)[}:)]

VS.
#139902 by Francesca
20 Sep 2006, 21:05

True up to a point but it's a damn sight more fun to read than yet another company motivational missive and less likely to get you fired than an email from Popbitch...

Paul

Wow, you're actually GETTING the mail out - how special are you:DI haven't received it for ages (and neither have a lot of people)
#139924 by pjh
21 Sep 2006, 00:04
Originally posted by Mrs Decker

Wow, you're actually GETTING the mail out - how special are you:DI haven't received it for ages (and neither have a lot of people)

[:?] "It" being the Popbitch mail ? If so, got one last week. Yours for 20k miles....[}:)]
Paul
#140243 by VS075
22 Sep 2006, 23:03
Originally posted by locutus
SecureComputing have classed V-Flyer as a chat site. I now can't access it at work [:(!] so just wondered if there are any other URLs that get you access to the site that may still be allowed? TIA. :D

You might want to try one of the many proxy sites to get on V-Flyer. type in 'phproxy' in Google. Try one of the results and type in the site address.

I remember thats what some people do to get around Internet filters and usually works.

Although I'd say V-Flyer is more of an information site on VS, it can be classed as a chat site because of the forum. Stupid Internet filters.
#140247 by locutus
22 Sep 2006, 23:20
I asked SecureComputing to reconsider and it's now classed as a travel site, so I can get on it at work :D

As I support the proxies I know what's logged and who looks at the logs, but I have no say in the classifications, we just download them from SC [:(!]
#141463 by slinky09
01 Oct 2006, 08:44
Originally posted by locutus
I asked SecureComputing to reconsider and it's now classed as a travel site, so I can get on it at work :D

As I support the proxies I know what's logged and who looks at the logs, but I have no say in the classifications, we just download them from SC [:(!]

I'll do the same with Vodafone, if you have a Voda 3G data card they classify V-Flyer as an adult restricted site, must be all those speedos!
#141464 by preiffer
01 Oct 2006, 09:52
That's weird slinky, I use a 3G card quite a lot, and I can access VF absolutely fine. [?]
#141468 by Decker
01 Oct 2006, 10:51
Yes Paul but presumably you cleared your card for adult content very early on in your subscription? ;)
#141484 by slinky09
01 Oct 2006, 13:07
And Vodafone being so c**p at customer service, I've cleared mine three times now and they still haven't unblocked it.
#141526 by preiffer
01 Oct 2006, 19:26
That's the funny thing Decker - I haven't. It's my "work" card, which has all the default restrictions on it. [:?]
#141585 by Littlejohn
02 Oct 2006, 12:52
I used to have problems from time to time with Vodafone. But now with O2, so all is OK [y]
Virgin Atlantic