#15708 by vs_itsallgood
18 Oct 2006, 04:59
Thought I'd make it easier on all of our beleaguered server-switching workers.

Here's another one:

I was searching for 'Solitude Headphones' since I seem to remember a thread about comparing them to Bose. Here's what I received:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/forum/search.asp, line 342

Methinks there's a gremlin in the Search!

Thanks for all the hard work, site looks great! [^]
#143760 by preiffer
18 Oct 2006, 08:48
To be honest, it's easier if a thread is generated for each specific error. We can then update that topic to let people know when/if that one issue has been resolved.

Please do not add all "glitches" to this thread - as others will have to "hunt" for their error before realising it's unique/already being discussed.

A topic for each SPECIFIC error message (ensuring you've LOOKED to see if the error's already been reported) is easier to manage.

Thanks.
#143765 by mcuth
18 Oct 2006, 09:41
Originally posted by preiffer
To be honest, it's easier if a thread is generated for each specific error. We can then update that topic to let people know when/if that one issue has been resolved.

Please do not add all "glitches" to this thread - as others will have to "hunt" for their error before realising it's unique/already being discussed.

A topic for each SPECIFIC error message (ensuring you've LOOKED to see if the error's already been reported) is easier to manage.

Paul raises good points here - and with that in mind, I'll change the title of this thread from "Did you find a glitch? Please Post It Here" to "Error message when using Search function" :)

Cheers

Michael
#143865 by vs_itsallgood
18 Oct 2006, 19:56
[:I]
Sorry, just trying to help. I can see your point - I keep seeing problems tacked onto ongoing threads, and thought this might help a bit if you didn't have to search for them. Oops!

Next time I'll PM first.
[:I]
#143911 by VS045
18 Oct 2006, 22:10
I got that too, but only when searching for words in the whole thread and not just the title.

VS.
#143933 by mcuth
19 Oct 2006, 00:42
Originally posted by vs_itsallgood
Sorry, just trying to help. I can see your point - I keep seeing problems tacked onto ongoing threads, and thought this might help a bit if you didn't have to search for them. Oops!

No worries - it's just easier to see them in separate threads - especially if the search function isn't working :)

Next time I'll PM first.

Oh no need to do that, just start a new thread for a new problem (after you've made sure it hasn't been reported already, of course...) :)

Cheers

Michael
Virgin Atlantic