#15746 by VS-EWR
19 Oct 2006, 22:42
I came on today and noticed that we no longer have the V-Flyer Membership Status avatars under our name. Is this just a problem with the server, or is it a prelude to some ultra-secret V-Flyer change?
#144083 by mcuth
19 Oct 2006, 23:23
Originally posted by VS-EWR
I came on today and noticed that we no longer have the V-Flyer Membership Status avatars under our name. Is this just a problem with the server, or is it a prelude to some ultra-secret V-Flyer change?

Membership Status avatars? Do you mean the red/silver/gold/black membership banners? They're all there as far as I can see - never gone away....

Cheers

Michael
#144103 by robandgill
20 Oct 2006, 01:52
Mine are missing too..the anchor is there for the image but no image is there.
#144122 by Bazz
20 Oct 2006, 10:02
I can see them so it must be some sort of glitch, they have not been removed.
#144133 by jilly
20 Oct 2006, 10:33
I read this thread last night and could see them, this morning I can't.

Jilly
#144137 by HighFlyer
20 Oct 2006, 10:39
I can't see them in IE but they are fine in Fx

Thanks,
Sarah
#144138 by Neil
20 Oct 2006, 10:46
Originally posted by HighFlyer
I can't see them in IE but they are fine in Fx

Thanks,
Sarah

Well I can def see them in IE here, so I would guess its not a brower related issue.

Neil:)
#144171 by Vegascrazy
20 Oct 2006, 12:49
It seems to be avatars for only certain people that are missing, for example in this thread I can't see the avatar for robandgill - just an empty placeholder.

In this thread the avatar for JohnD does not show

...and in this thread the avatar for GrinningJackanapes does not show.

Cheers

James
#144174 by mcuth
20 Oct 2006, 13:02
Originally posted by Vegascrazy
It seems to be avatars for only certain people that are missing, for example in this thread I can't see the avatar for robandgill - just an empty placeholder.

In this thread the avatar for JohnD does not show

...and in this thread the avatar for GrinningJackanapes does not show.

Ahhhh, now I'm starting to see some examples - except not the same ones James has been seeing - it seems to be fairly random.

In this thread we're on now, all avatars were there a minute ago, but they've all disappeared now. In the threads you give as examples, I'm missing some avatars but for different members than the ones James mentions. Another one for Pete's list methinks....:)

BTW, I'm going to change the title of this thread from "Are the new membership changes starting?" to "Membership avatars missing" to be a little more descriptive for anyone searching for the problem.

Cheers

Michael
#144247 by Pete
20 Oct 2006, 18:09
It's a domain name thing. The URL for the avatars is absolute rather than relative, so while V-Flyer.com has been moving, some people have been pointing at the old site and some at the new. I'm now getting V-Flyer.com in my address bar rather than redirected to BritFlyer.com, which means my local nameservers have updated. YMMV.

Pete
#144263 by radar
20 Oct 2006, 20:29
Originally posted by pixuk
It's a domain name thing. The URL for the avatars is absolute rather than relative, so while V-Flyer.com has been moving, some people have been pointing at the old site and some at the new. I'm now getting V-Flyer.com in my address bar rather than redirected to BritFlyer.com, which means my local nameservers have updated. YMMV.

Pete

Pete,

No avatars for me. The text is there, but not the coloured banners. Same on Safari and FireFox.
#144271 by Pete
20 Oct 2006, 21:23
Yes, er, YMMV
#144301 by VS-EWR
20 Oct 2006, 23:03
Thanks for changing the title, Michael.

I guess I jumped the gun a little bit. Don't feel pushed though Pete, these minor problems aren't that important.
Virgin Atlantic