#17363 by jerseyboy
20 Jan 2007, 20:37
To the mods and developers of V-Flyer

Just a thought[i] but wouldn’t it be nice if the new V-Flyer included the facility of a video gallery to complement the already popular and great resourcefulness of the photo gallery’s. I don’t know what sort of bandwidth issues this may cause but I did think it was a suggestion worth mentioning.

I for one always trawl the Internet for videos and or photos of airline cabins when I book a flight on a carrier or in a cabin that I have not previously experienced.

Ok I will leave it there as hope some Mods take the thought on board.

Cheers Wayne
#156080 by preiffer
20 Jan 2007, 20:47
The gallery wouldn't be a problem, but the videos themselves would be the killer. Space & bandwidth would have to be calculated, and costed.

Definitely one for discussion though.

Maybe a link to items on YouTube...?

(Since this relates directly to the website itself, I'll move it to the site development forum)
#156082 by jerseyboy
20 Jan 2007, 20:58
Originally posted by preiffer
The gallery wouldn't be a problem, but the videos themselves would be the killer. Space & bandwidth would have to be calculated, and costed.

Definitely one for discussion though.

Maybe a link to items on YouTube...?

(Since this relates directly to the website itself, I'll move it to the site development forum)

That actually sounds even better and as a feature perhaps one good video of each cabin on V/A could be permanently added as a feature gallery that can only be uploaded by Mods on the forum.

Cheers Wayne

Gosh thatÕs 2 ideas in one night I have just broken my all time record[|:)]
#156087 by VS045
20 Jan 2007, 21:32
Gosh thatÕs 2 ideas in one night I have just broken my all time record

You'd better lie down;)

VS.
#156089 by Pete
20 Jan 2007, 21:41
Linking from YouTube might be possible. It would require a code update to handle adding the link to a forum post, but, yes - in theory it's possible.

Pete
#156090 by jerseyboy
20 Jan 2007, 21:41
Originally posted by VS045
Gosh thatÕs 2 ideas in one night I have just broken my all time record

You'd better lie down;)

VS.

I did [:o)]
Virgin Atlantic