#751633 by Neil
05 Aug 2010, 14:24
User names usually cannot be changed.

I will have to speak to the site admin, Pete, who controls all these types of things and see if it would be possible.

I have sent you a PM, if you can reply to that then I will let you know what is possible.

Thanks,
Neil
#751635 by nstead
05 Aug 2010, 14:45
My partner needs to do this too.
He's Spanish, and so has two surnames. The Spanish convention is to just use the first of these in everyday use - and particularly when signing up to websites that won't accept a space in the surname field, and so when he joined FF back in 2002, that's what he did - there was no requirement back then for the name to be exactly as it appears on the passport (and in actual fact, it's still impossible for any Spanish person to enter it that way now, since the website will still not accept spaces in the surname).
That was fine until recently, when we discovered around 26,000 miles missing from his account (we flew from London to Auckland and back). Despite the fact that his FF account shows the initial check-in, the miles weren't credited, and Virgin CS tells us that it's because the name on the ticket didn't match the name on the FF account.
(I'm also almost certain that the miles *were* initially credited, and then removed, but obviously can't prove that).

CS can't explain why it's worked fine for years but not now, and, since it's now more than 6 months since we flew, they're refusing to re-credit the missing miles. :(!
We obviously need to get his name changed, to stop this happening in future - although I'm still not clear how it can be changed to a Surname which includes a Space!
#751636 by Neil
05 Aug 2010, 14:48
nstead wrote:My partner needs to do this too.
He's Spanish, and so has two surnames. The Spanish convention is to just use the first of these in everyday use - and particularly when signing up to websites that won't accept a space in the surname field, and so when he joined FF back in 2002, that's what he did - there was no requirement back then for the name to be exactly as it appears on the passport (and in actual fact, it's still impossible for any Spanish person to enter it that way now, since the website will still not accept spaces in the surname).
That was fine until recently, when we discovered around 26,000 miles missing from his account (we flew from London to Auckland and back). Despite the fact that his FF account shows the initial check-in, the miles weren't credited, and Virgin CS tells us that it's because the name on the ticket didn't match the name on the FF account.
(I'm also almost certain that the miles *were* initially credited, and then removed, but obviously can't prove that).

CS can't explain why it's worked fine for years but not now, and, since it's now more than 6 months since we flew, they're refusing to re-credit the missing miles. :(!
We obviously need to get his name changed, to stop this happening in future - although I'm still not clear how it can be changed to a Surname which includes a Space!

This thread is regarding changing the user name on the V-Flyer site. I have edited the title to make it clearer.

All I can do is suggest you try FC again in relation to the problem you are having with them.

Neil
Virgin Atlantic