#760728 by pkatmk
25 Nov 2010, 19:59
I notice that posts are often listed under Recent Activity which are not visible in the Forum itself. Without exception these 'Phantom' posts appear to be made by Moderators. For example at the moment:

"Neil posted in the forums. Re: Number for flying club in U.K.
6:25pm"

Is there some secret communications taking place?
#760729 by HWVlover
25 Nov 2010, 20:05
:0 Spooky.

I have noticed this too; I had assumed it was simply as a result of a post being submitted and then removed.

But perhaps there is another site in a parallel universe far far away..............? :0
#760730 by Nottingham Nick
25 Nov 2010, 20:12
Far more boring I am afraid. When mods do a bit of housekeeping - such as adding icons to posts, or tidying links, it appears as a post.

We DO NOT censor posts If posts breach site tules, they are moved out of the public areas and the poster is informed. Usually they are then reported with the offending bit removed or ediited

Nick
#760735 by mdvipond
25 Nov 2010, 20:53
Nottingham Nick wrote:We DO NOT censor posts If posts breach site tules, they are moved out of the public areas and the poster is informed.

I think we need a Mod to tidy this Mod's post... ;)
#760736 by Neil
25 Nov 2010, 21:10
mdvipond wrote:
Nottingham Nick wrote:We DO NOT censor posts If posts breach site tules, they are moved out of the public areas and the poster is informed.

I think we need a Mod to tidy this Mod's post... ;)

Why ever would you say that, looks fine to me :w :| :D

As Nick has said, I was just doing a spot of housekeeping in the thread.
#760738 by Nottingham Nick
25 Nov 2010, 21:29
LOL - the joys of posting on my phone, and being too old to read the text. :D :| :w

I COULD edit all of the posts, but that would sort of defeat the message. :D

Nick
Virgin Atlantic