#860 by ghagger
13 Apr 2004, 23:36
Pix,

Hows about a section of top tips for virginflyers?

For instance:

1. The 11% visitor discount at Macys (Cheers to whoever posted this btw, saved me on my new suit this weekend :))
2. Book yourself into rows 61-64 if flying economy on a 747
3. Turn up with buckets of time at JFK with a good book to read in the check-in que if you're flying economy without a silver card.

etc. etc.

graham
#29081 by RichardMannion
13 Apr 2004, 23:46
quote:Originally posted by ghagger
Pix,

Hows about a section of top tips for virginflyers?

For instance:

1. The 11% visitor discount at Macys (Cheers to whoever posted this btw, saved me on my new suit this weekend :))
2. Book yourself into rows 61-64 if flying economy on a 747
3. Turn up with buckets of time at JFK with a good book to read in the check-in que if you're flying economy without a silver card.

etc. etc.

graham

Hi Graham!

1. Happy to be of Service with number 1 on the list there - now if only I had known that the first tiem I went to Macy's. FOund out after whinging about taxes on a Gucci watch there, and the very helpful shop assistant told me about it. Asked in Bloomingdales if they do a similar thing, and they do - saved a few dollars here and there on my shoe purchases....

2. Yep - If I'm flying in Y, then thats where I want to be. I think this is a personal preference though, hate everyone to turn up and want these seats as they'd be disappointed.....

3. Surely you meant LHR, size of queue makes you wonder if Richard is there handing out upgrade vouchers... ;) Also does this mean that I need to turn up with a book if I'm flying in Y as I don't have a Silver card.... :D

Great idea though for a section though! I'll try and think of some sensible no-provoactive tips (must get the MCO tips out of my ether)

Thanks,
Richard
#29083 by Pete
13 Apr 2004, 23:48
Looks like you've just started it.. this topic could become 'sticky' ;)

Mine to add to that list...

4. If you've got access to the Clubhouse, ask about upgrades there - they have more time to negotiate

5. If you're going to LAX, the 747 is normally on the early flight (VS07/08)

6. Regardless of how you booked your tickets, remember to call flying club before your flight and register your FC number - if they are doing cabin moves, they'll look for FC members before check in opens
#29090 by anteo
14 Apr 2004, 01:12
7. If you have time to kill and want to escape the crowded T3 departure lounge but dont have access to the Clubhouse, head towards the gates and go straight on to the very end of the walkway and turn left. At the end is a quiet little area with no flights departing nearby but with a great view of the runway

(Like this... :D)

[img]http://www.apsq11.dsl.pipex.com/newyork/t3view.jpg[/img]
#29095 by Pete
14 Apr 2004, 01:46
Anteo, that is stunning. Simply stunning.
#29098 by ghagger
14 Apr 2004, 02:18
anteo,

Where abouts in T3 do you mean? Which gates is that area near? Cos I'd love to check it out before my may flight. I've had virgin flights depart from either end of T3 so I need to know gate numbers.

Stunning picture btw :)

Graham
#29148 by anteo
14 Apr 2004, 23:26
It is near gate 14. And yes, I find that VS flights depart from all over! I wouldnt worry though, there are plenty of maps of the gate area around.

And thanks for your nice comments guys :D (even though my webspace has gone down temporarily [}:)])
#29176 by ghagger
15 Apr 2004, 02:11
cheers anteo, that's just what i needed to know.

no need for a terminal map though... I think I could probably offer my services to people as a T3 tour guide by now... :D
Virgin Atlantic