#238462 by papadoc
16 Oct 2005, 18:31
JetBlue Flight189 JFK to LAS 2nd Oct 2005

After 3 days at the Milford Plaza in New York, it was time for us to move on to Las Vegas.

Our flight was scheduled for 13:45, so we booked our transfer for 11:00 just in case of traffic. We arrived at T6 (JetBlues own terminal) shortly before 12:00 and used the self service check-in stations, and selected seats at the rear of the plane, as the last 14 rows or so have 2 to 3 inches extra leg room. We printed out our boarding cards in a few seconds, and then dropped off our bags at the desk.

Went through security and our gate was no 5. The terminal is fairly small, with a few shops and places to eat. Shortly before boarding we were informed that our gate had changed to 17, so we proceeded there to board. Jetblue fly mainly A320s and we boarded and took our seats in row 26. Once everybody had boarded, the captain informed us that there was a problem with the de-icing system and was waiting either for an engineer to fix it, or for an alternative route from ATC so we would not need to use the de-icer. After about 30mins we were informed that none of these options materialised and that we would have to change aircraft.

After about another 30mins another A320 pulled up at gate16 alongside and we proceeded to unload and board this airplane. The seats on JetBlue are all leather and very comfortable, and their entertainment system carries live TV programmes as well as a few movie channels. The movies normally have to be paid for ($5), but as an apology for the delay they would be free on this flight. I choose to watch The Incredible Four and shortly after take off, we were now 2 hours late, the crew came around with drinks and snacks. Soft drinks were free, but alcohol had to be purchased.

The flight was fairly uneventful, and about 60mins before landing the crew came around with a snack pack, which included a roll, a couple of Oreo biscuits and a mint sweet.

We finally arrived at LAS at about 18:30, and within 30mins we were on our way to our hotel, The Venetian where we would spend the next 5 days.

This was my first flight with JetBlue, and apart from the delay was very happy with it. The crew were good, the seats were comfortable and had loads of legroom and the onboard entertainment system was good, although the screens seem a little on the small side after V:Port. Their prices are good too, we paid $119 each for the on-way flight, with was booked a few months in advance. I would definitely consider using them again, especially after recent flights with America West, who I will do my best to avoid in the future!