#239308 by deep_south
06 Dec 2005, 18:01
Off to Atlanta for a week on business. Flown previously on BA in both WT and WTP, this time my admininstrator managed to get a 'Business Class' flight on Delta for the same price as WTP - about 1600 for the return.

For the money it was much better than WTP or PE; 60' seat pitch in a 2x2x2 config on a B767; economy is 2x3x2.

Delta have a business class lounge at Gatwick (underneath the BA one) with drinks and snacks, with plenty of space in it. The flight was called, so made my way to the gate, where they then announced a 30 minute delay, which turned out to be 90 minutes in the end. Another plane to Cincinnati had 'gone technical', so they transferred some passengers to our flight, which took some time.

Seat was pretty good; lots of electrical adjustment. I was in 5B, and the passenger in the window seat could get get out fairly easily without disturbing me. The seat doesn't lie flat, but does go a long way down. I reckon I'll get some sleep on the way back.

Service on the flight was excellent - addressed by name, and plenty of drinks rounds. Food was very good - puts UCS to shame.

Arrived late at Atlanta, which meant no queue at immigration, and I had picked up my bag within 6 minutes of getting off the plane. Then you give it back, go through full security again, and then get the shuttle train to baggage reclaim in the main terminal.

Summary - excellent value for money. I don't know whether this a special price, but cetainly beat WTP and PE easily.