#239369 by ade99
12 Dec 2005, 00:28
Well we booked with VS on their codeshare and everytime I spoke to the Premier Team they told me I was in UC so I've put it in this forum.

Arrived LGW about 7am for the 10:30 departure wanted to check out the President Club for a bit. Swift check-in and our boarding cards issued with 4K and 4L. Fast track labels put on and off to Boots for som final shampoo etc.

Fast tracl worked OMG!!! nobody in front of us and we were through to departures by 7:25. The longest pause was in WH Smith trying to buy some book or another - why is that line always so long?

Anyway found our way to the Presidents Club, displaying all of it's awards for best lounge etc. Showed our boarding cards and was asked for photo ID as well (something I'm not use to).

Anyway directed around into the club - or should I say funeral parlour - believe me I've seen more activity in the mortuary. Only a small bar area and NO BREAKFIRST!!!! So I say to the other half s*d this we're off to the clubhouse.

Arrive at the clubhouse and tell the girls how crap the PC is and the don't serve breakie. Settled down for full English (now with baked beans I noted) and wasted an hour or so reading the papers. Why oh why don't they have the Sun in the paper selection it so brightens up everyone's day? Had a glass of Bucks Fizz with the new champers - what an improvement!!! Had our shoes shined and then our flight is called, we are the only two so our names are called out instead.

Head off to gate 15 and board. Glass of Bucks fizz given by one of the FA (Ok I forgive them it's in a plastic cup) she does say if I need a top of champers then let her know. I did and she returns saying that I like it just the way she does [:)]

Our amenity kits are given out and are more useful than those awful OZ ones at the moment. Socks are then given out along with our menu. Our order is taken before pushback:

TO BEGIN
Warm roasted nuts
served with your preferred cocktail or beverage

APPETIZER CART

Peppered salmon loin and lobster piccolini, accompanied by dill mustard sauce

Prosciutto with cantaloupe and orange

SALAD

Mesclun salad mix with Belgian endive, cucumbers, Roma tomatoes, grilled artichoke heart and red onion

Offered with your choice of herb dressing
or orange mustard dressing

Freshly baked bread and assorted rolls with butter

MAIN COURSES
The Chefs Selection
Grilled tenderloin of beef accented by a pepper rub, served with morel mushroom sauce
Fine green beans with julienned tricolor bell peppers Potatoes au gratin

Herb-roasted Breast of Chicken
Complemented by roasted garlic and herb sauce, offered with green asparagus spears, carrots, parsnip and turnips
Barley and lentil grain mix

Shrimp Scampi
Served on a bed of asparagus risotto, presented with asparagus spears and sun-dried tomatoes

Pasta Bowl
Lasagne enhanced by red pesto sauce, garnished with julienned sun-dried tomatoes

Freshly grated Parmesan cheese will be offered with your pasta

Fresh steamed asparagus is available upon request
to accompany any entree

FRUIT AND CHEESE

Select European cheeses accompanied by fresh seasonal fruit, assorted gourmet crackers and rolls, served with Port wine

DESSERT CART

Featuring vanilla ice cream offered with your choice of toppings
or warm fruit cobbler with vanilla ice cream

Fresh Brew gourmet roasted regular and decaffeinated coffee
made exclusively for Continental Airlines
A selection of teas with your choice of milk or lemon

Enjoy a cup of freshly brewed Emilio Caff_ Italian Espresso or Cappuccino
available exclusively in BusinessFirst on our 777 and 767 aircraft.

SKYSNACKSTM A selection of light snacks and refreshments will be available.

REFRESHMENT

Will be offered prior to arrival

Fresh seasonal fruit

Scones with clotted cream
accompanied by strawberry preserves

Fresh Brew gourmet roasted regular and decaffeinated coffee
made exclusively for Continental Airlines
A selection of teas with your choice of milk or lemon

Well the Salmon was lovely, the beef good (although could have been a bit rareer) and the ice cream desert - well it's ice cream stuffed with cream, chocolate sause, nuts and cherries - wonderful. All washed down with a Baileys and time for a bit of a snooze - a few hours in fact despite it not being a UCS.

Woke for afternoon tea, proper clotted cream none of this in a pack rubbish and a nice pot of jam. Served with a nice cup of tea or coffee.

All in all I could not fault this flight. I managed a few hours sleep even on thr 170 degree chairs. Food - silver service rather than freedom was marvelous.

The one problem was that due to the bloody fog we were nearly two hours late leaving lGW. Still if you're goin to be delayed may as well be on the plane using up their champers. Their lounge was useless, flight service excellent. Bit of a wait for the bags but nothing too long.

Looking forwward to the return tomorrow with an even more interesting menu and joy of joy and arrivals lounge at LGW.

If you are local to LGW and need to get across the pong then I seriously would reconmend taking this service especially the daytime outward service.

Ade