#239914 by A346
13 Jan 2006, 11:10
5 legs total during my trip in Australia. VS200 (Hong Kong - Sydney, A340-600), DJ393 (Virgin Blue Sydney - Cairns 737-800), DJ770 (Cairns - Gold Coast 737-800), DJ508 (Gold Coast - Sydney 737-800), VS201 (Sydney - Hong Kong A340-600).

Overall great flights, V:port entertainment was amazing, the best IFE I have experienced in economy, with movies, interactive games, destination guides, music, and more. Unfortunately, there are those feared metal boxes! On VS200, unfortunately, I lost all of my lunch and dinner threw up, but the cabin crew handled the situation very, very well. [:$] I was relocated and given a sleeper suit because my trousers were soiled.
Cabin crew service on all legs friendly, I wouldn't say overly friendly, but enough to keep you quite content. Food was quite good, however, no Haagen Dazs.. (Thinking of Cathay Pacific)

One thing I noticed however, was the cabin crew weren't really efficient and it took a very long time to be served. By the time I got dinner, the rest of the passengers had finished their meal.. There are times where I could not find a position I would be realy comfortable in, and it really can affect your sleep. Also, since i was relocated to the bulkhead, there is extra legroom, but the seat belt strap was really, really thick and it was quite uncomfortable.

Check-in at Sydney for VS201 was quite slow and the line moved very slowly (it was a very full flight).

On Virgin Blue flights, the service varied quite a bit. On the flight to Cairns, the crew added some humour to the announcements, and it actually helped, but on the other two legs, the announcements were normal. Voyeur magazine was adequate for the flights, and I was slightly surprised you could take it with you.. Check-in at Gold Coast was not a very good experience. I saw a counter empty, so I proceeded there, but the check-in agent told us to go back and told some other people to come. I was very surprised and slightly angry at this, there weren't any special signs or anything at that counter! [?] [:(]

Overall, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Blue have a very good product but needs a bit of polishing. I really enjoyed the flights. [:D] [y]

I would give Virgin (both) an 7 or an 8 out of 10. [y]