#243223 by ade99
06 Jun 2006, 04:45
Having made our way to SFO via LAX the night before we arrived at SFO weary eyed at 6:30 for the 8:30 flight. Check-in wasn't that clearly signed and we asked a Delta ground member where we check-in for first and was directed to the 'red line' where they couldn't find our booking until he realised we were sent to the wrong airline! No big problem just a move three desks down.

Check-in lady was lovely, even saying how she liked my name. We were given info where to find the delta crown lounge, a nice benfit of flying HA - the only US airline where all their first domestic flights give you lounge access. The crown lounge was nice, with free bar and few breakfast snacks. The lounge front desk agent apologised she couldn't walk us down to our flight as she usually does. Flight was due to board at 8 so we walked down a few minutes before. Short wait while they boarded kids at the back of the plane (which was actually a good idea)

Boarding was swift and we were greated by two FAs with flowers in their hair and the gentle Hawaiian music in the background. Took our seats in 2a and 2b which were very comfortable and much better than UAs first with more pitch as well. Champagne before take off again a nice touch. Push back a few minutes after scheduled departure and our drinks order was taken for after take off. My first opertunity for a Mai Tai 'good idea' was the FAs reply. Menus were handed out for brunch.

After take off drinks were out very quickly complete with a fresh flower garnish! Order was taken for brunch with my 'steak and eggs' arriving about thirty minutes into the flight which was the best breakfast I've had on a plan.

They haven't bothered with a fancy built in IFE, instead they have indivual digeplays complete with ten films, few tv shows, cartoons, music videos, music and great tourist features about the islands. Not as varied as vport but just enough for five hour flight and no hassle of having to have the system reset etc.

Drinks kept flowing and so did the snacks from two very attentive FAs for the 18 of us. The 767 was very clean and had nice touches such as fresh flowers on the bulkhead and even in the toilet (no weight reductions meaning loss of flowers on this airline)

Landed into HNL ten minutes early and was off the aircraft and heading towards baggage reclaim shortly after that. In summary a fantastic flight with the best FAs I've ever been served by. Lovely touches from them personalising the service asking us where we planned to go etc. Finally just before landing the purser came around to each person thanking them for flying with her and wishing them a pleasant stay/welcoming them home and thanking them for giving HA our business - not in a usual fake way but a truely warm and friendly one.

So much can be learned from this little airline.[y]