#243245 by mitchja
07 Jun 2006, 01:35
I'll write this TR in stages as I go along.

Checked in online yesterday. You can select your seat online. You do need to have access to a printer if you check-in online. The hotel let me use one of their printers to print my boarding card [:)]

Caught the SkyBus to MEL from the city. Au$15 one way and again includes a free shuttle from your hotel to the bus terminal. You do need to pre-book your return mini-bus transfer the day before though.

Currently sat in the Virgin Lounge at MEL. Showed my VS FC Au card to gain entry. The guy on the desk wasn't sure if they still allowed entry since the changes. In typical Virgin style, he said 'well just go in and help yourself and I'll find out and let you know on the way out' [:)]

Everything is now included so all food and drink is free. Actual cost should be AU$30 to enter. The lounge is land side (almost missed it)

Not very many people in the lounge. It very nice in typical Virgin style. Not quite CH level but better than many other airline lounges [:)]

A couple of lap-tops around to use the internet too along with a Sony Vega cinema too [:)]

Flight due to be called in about 15 mins so will carry on later with the TR. All Australia airports are 100% non-smoking so just popping outside before going through security [:I].

Regards