#254456 by stars
12 May 2008, 20:41
I've left this TR too long and also didn't take enough note of details at the time, so it won't be super precise. This was my first longhaul flight with BA in WT+.

There was a short line for check-in, but it moved fairly quickly. The agent was a bit more on the ball then the last time I took this flight (see here.) Security lines were short and soon we were getting a bite to eat at EST and then making a quick stop at the newstand for magazines.

Boarding was uneventful, in that I don't remember anything about it, and we were soon seated. The flight was very empty - in both WT+ and WT, and also in the portion of CW I could see.

By way of comparison to VS, the seats were similar in terms of legroom, but felt a bit narrower. My seat itself was not in the greatest condition - looked a bit worse for wear and a button was missing. I tried to be a CW gawper like MrsG (see TR linked above) but from my window seat I did not have a view of CW!

I think we took off approximately on time. and then had a drinks service with some sort of weird flavoured pretzels. After drinks lunch was served. I had chicken something which was ok, but not great.

The flight itself was fairly uneventful, and my only comment would be that I was hungry during the second half of the flight and there wasn't much available. I managed to get one extra pack of pretzels from the crew in the back of the plane, but that was it. I know the second PE service on the VS flights to NY is a bit stingy, but it's better than absolutely nothing, especially given this flight was a good 2 hours longer.

I got pretty restless by the last 2-3 hours of the flight. I found the IFE boring and lacking in movies I had any desire to see. I read books & magazines the entire flight. I can't really make the comparison to VS as my longest flights in PE I've been fortunate enough to have V:Port and it isn't fair to compare this particular BA aircraft to V:Port equipped planes as this is not a top route for BA so doesn't have their updated IFE.

We were set to land early into DEN, but due to wind and snow flurries we had to fly past DEN to the south and come back around, so we landed a few minutes late. Lines at immigration were short, and we didn't get any strange questions/comments like last time. The luggage took a while to come out, which was expected, but soon enough we were on our way.