#872944 by Petmadness
16 May 2014, 19:35
So Mrs P and I fancied a little weekend away and found Copenhagen was well within our Avios zone for a free flight. After booking and selecting our seats...chargeable of course... It was soon time to check-in online and confirmed our chosen seats but only managed a measly seq 26/27 v( v(

Onwards the next day to Heathrow with a smooth drive from Petmadness Towers in Gloucestershire. Used go simply.com for the parking and ended up with MBW Meet & Greet at T5. 5 min wait when we arrived but no worries and then off through security as we were carrying only hand luggage. Hand our liquids checked at security to be told that they had activated an explosive alarm btu don't worry my supervisor would clear it :0 :0

All good, computer error, off to Huxley's for a few beers and food y) y)

Called to gate with 30 mins to take off. Greeted very pleasantly at the gate by name and then a friendly hello at the aircraft door. Bags up and then seated with Mrs P in an exit seat for additional legroom y)

Captain lets us know it is a flight time of 1hour 30 minutes, crew do the usual a before take off and then off we go. CC we had was lovely, very talkative, friendly and smiley. On such a short flight they have a lot to do in such little time but the CC did it efficiently. Little snack was a chicken and something flatbread which was tasty, along with a white wine ^)

Landed on time - a pleasant goodbye from the crew, who were returning straight back to LHR, then out into CPH. Jumped in a taxi to our hotel which cost and arm and a leg...TIP...get the train for a tiny charge! We will on our return.

Staying in the Radisson Blu Royal, just across from Tivoli Gardens. Great welcome staff couldn't do enough to make sure we were happy oo)

Time now to explore the City ^) ^) ^)
#872976 by Petmadness
17 May 2014, 08:19
Blacky1 wrote:I would be interested to hear your views on Copenhagen PM ,it's on my shortlist for inbetween Xmas and new year

Just getting ready for our first trip out into the city after just crashing in the Hard Rock Cafe for several cocktails last night y) City looks beautiful on such a gorgeous day, will give you a full run down after our trip Blacky :D

We are staying at the Radisson Blu Royal which is right opposite Tivoli Gardens. We're on the 18th floor with tremendous city views ^)
#872980 by Sealink
17 May 2014, 10:23
Petmadness wrote:
Sealink wrote:I love Copenhagen! Fourth trip coming up next weekend!

Awesome...any real local tips of eateries, bars, places to visit?

I always have brunch in a place called Kalaset - they're on Facebook and do an awesome chilli hot chocolate.

We also go to a bar called Holberg 19 which feels very French for some reason.

And cocktails in a bar called Francis Pony as they had a happy hour till about midnight.

There's a famous cake shop and I can't remember it's name but I mention it in one of my Copenhagen reviews - I think it's the one from 2011.

There's also a lovely cake called Danish Dream Cake which is lovely and lots of places sell it. May contain nuts.
#873000 by Blacky1
17 May 2014, 14:19
Petmadness wrote:
Blacky1 wrote:I would be interested to hear your views on Copenhagen PM ,it's on my shortlist for inbetween Xmas and new year

Just getting ready for our first trip out into the city after just crashing in the Hard Rock Cafe for several cocktails last night y) City looks beautiful on such a gorgeous day, will give you a full run down after our trip Blacky :D

We are staying at the Radisson Blu Royal which is right opposite Tivoli Gardens. We're on the 18th floor with tremendous city views ^)

Look forward to it , have a great time y)
Virgin Atlantic