#875542 by Sealink
13 Jun 2014, 22:18
I had a few hours to kill at Inverness Airport. "Bag drop" for my flight didn't open until 4.00pm (for a 5.30pm departure) so that put paid to my plans for a few hours in the little lounge.

So I had meal and sat in the cafe which overlooks the runway.

To my delight, the airport was in the process of creating/updating an art gallery.

My iPhone was dangerously low on juice... I noticed that the chapel in the airport had plug sockets but I couldn't bring myself to use it for that purpose! Happily, I spied a plug socked in the restaurant, and of course there are some in the little Executive lounge.

Bag drop was quick, security took seconds and the staff are very friendly - as you'd expect in the North. ):

Through to the lounge! It's really small but lovely.

It is a generic Servisair lounge with some Flybe branding.

I had a few T&Gs (A dash of tonic, topped up with gin!!), spoke to another passenger who had just arrived from the Amsterdam - Inverness (FlyBE) flight.

And apart from that it was really just 90 minutes of aircraft spotting, at a very quiet airport! Which I will now share with you!

I manged to make a quintiple gin and tonic however was drinking responsibly. And so should you.

See this thread for how not to do it (sadly Flickr shenanigans have rendered the images void, but you'll get the idea: http://v-flyer.com/forum/index.php?t=27 ... =viewtopic)

I love the little prop planes Loganair have - this Saab 340 would be going all the way to the Shetlands, dropping us off at Kirkwall. The Flybe livery looks really good on them.

It was pouring with rain by now, while the sun shone in London.

Seating in 2-1 so you'll always get a window or aisle seat.
You step up to your seat which is a tiny little feature but I really like it. These 'planes do feel tired inside though.

This was the inflight service. Although Flybe is a 'buy on board' airline, Loganair resolutely hold on to a 'light refreshment' service, however you have to wonder how long that can last.

The flight time is 45 minutes, at a fairly low altitude. Orkney is just lovely and you can see a glimpse here as we approached Kirkwall...

Flotta Oil Terminal. There's a tiny speck of orange in the middle left - that's the Flotta Flame, that burns day and night.

Legroom was fine. I've stood for longer on London Buses so a moot point really.

To Kirkwall! A lovely little town, where the air is fresh and in summer, the days are long.

#875560 by pjh
14 Jun 2014, 07:56
Thanks for another great TR.

Good to see local sourcing on the in flight light refreshment. Whilst checking my sources I found that the individual Tunnock's Milk Chocolate Coated Caramel Wafer Biscuit (to give it its proper name) does not a sell by date. Can this be true?
Last edited by pjh on 14 Jun 2014, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.