#878116 by Bretty
15 Jul 2014, 18:17
We had a wonderful time in Krakow, with a little torrential rain here and there, and lots of sunshine, food, the occasional beer or margarita, and plenty of shopping. As usual, we shopped a bit much, and I bought shoes, so did 'im indoors which I couldn't believe. I insisted on bringing the shoebox back with me so it got both pairs of shoes stuffed inside. We bought a lot of glass objets d'art, including a lovely lamp, with box, which went in his case. Some of the stuff we bought had to be shipped; that's a first for us, but so convenient. We bought a backpack to put some stuff in as hand luggage for 'im indoors too. I digress, but I think some of you know by now what we're like. And we said no shopping this trip!

We had fun this trip, and I'd forgotten what it's like, every night being approached by touts wanting us to go to strip clubs. That was fun when we said no, one guy said "don't you like Polish girls?", and we said, "we don't like girls, are there any clubs for men?" He didn't get it, the penny wasn't dropping. We had similar responses all week, but it was fun. The perils of travelling as a pack of men I suppose. We did lots of touristy stuff too, including horse and carriage city tour and the girls running it were really great tour guides (tongue firmly in cheek here). All they did was point at buildings and say, "synagogue", "church", "university", I'm sure you get the picture. Very monosyllabic. At the end of the tour one opened the carriage door and said "okay ladies?" with a twinkle in her eye.

Soon it was time to return, so we said goodbye to our friends from Dallas who were flying on to Germany for a few days, and then took the hotel car to the airport, arriving a bit earlier than necessary. As soon as bag drop opened we checked our luggage and made our way through to departures. I'd forgotten that KRK airport really isn't up to much, with little to do and little in the way of food options. After going round duty free to spend up our Zloty's we grabbed a sandwich and sat reading by the gate which gradually filled up.

Boarding was called and this is where the Polish ground crew for EasyJet really lacked organisation because everyone got up, as you would expect, and then they called for speedy and priority boarding first but of course no-one moved and the crew didn't make people move away from the gate which was cramped. The crew came round and checked all speedy boarding passes, scribbled on them with a highlighter pen, and then we waited.. and waited. The inbound flight was late arriving, so when it did arrive, we were boarding as soon as the PAX and luggage left. Speedy boarders went through first and down onto the the bus.

From there everything seemed to go like clockwork and it took a while to board everyone but we were soon ready for take off, a little late but with a 2 hour flight time we arrived on schedule. The flight, although different CC, wax exactly as before. Good service, professional CC, being seated at the pointy end we were off the plane at the other end very quickly and started the long, long walk through the airport to passport control and arrivals. From there we were quickly onto the next available Gatwick Express to Victoria, across London to KGX and waiting for our train home with a burger on the mezzanine floor at the station.

All in all I'm really impressed with how EasyJet have upped their game recently (from the 4 flights I've had in the last 6 months, the first in at least 2 years), and they have a great service to be proud of, but could do with tightening things up a bit at the airports outside the UK.
#878152 by gfonk
15 Jul 2014, 23:17
bretty lol
"no shopping on this trip" lol has that ever actually happened? lol
sounds like a great trip though.
thanks for the TR. Sounds like easyjet are not too bad. TBH they have always been good when i have flown with them, you get what you pay for etc.
#878207 by Bretty
16 Jul 2014, 14:52
You know gfonk, I don't think it has ever happened. We get carried away when we see things and just go mad. As it is now, We literally have no more room in the house for anymore trinkets, there's barely a surface that doesn't have something :)

I agree, you get what you pay for with EasyJet, but I think you get better value / service now - it's more professional, the uniforms look great and you can see the CC take pride in wearing them instead of those old tango orange tops they used to have.