#941163 by julmops
25 Jan 2018, 15:35
After a nightmare journey back from Orlando via Atlanta last year with Delta, we were offered $2000 compensation to be used on Delta flights.
As we were looking at a cruise out of New York for January 2018, I started to look at prices for business class flights to JFK on Delta website.
The cheapest option offered was flying with Air France via Paris at a very good price (about £1200 per person) so I booked.
The night before the flight, we stayed at the new Premier Inn Terminal 4 in Heathrow, which is very convenient as linked to the terminal by a covered walkway.
And at £29 for the night, it was a no-brainer.
During the day, we had heard about the bomb storm getting over New York and the Northeast and started to get a little bit worried.
The next morning, I woke up early and checked but it seemed that both our flights were on time.
We headed to Terminal 4 and got checked in after a pretty long wait (no queue though) due to a large family dropping mountains of bags.
Check-in was done with a smile and we were indicated the directions to the Skyteam Lounge.
Security was pretty long as well with 3 large families in front of us with babies and prams … So much for Priority but you know this can always happen.
Finally got through and after a quick browse in duty free, we were off to the Skyteam Lounge.
I had been there before last year on a Delta flight to Minneapolis and without being a great lounge, it did the trick for a quick breakfast and French papers reading.
We left the lounge early as we had a bit of a walk to the gate.
Boarding was being prepared when we arrived and we were through in minutes.
I had picked 1D and 1F (it was a A320) and we enjoyed the little extra legroom.
We left on time and after a few minutes, breakfast was served.
I was quite impressed with the quantity and the quality of the offerings.
I can’t remember exactly what it was but there was some savoury and some sweet with orange juice and coffee or tea.
We landed on time but taxied for about 25 minutes to Terminal 2E in Charles de Gaulle.
All in all, a great first experience in Air France business class. The next flight will be detailed separately.
#941169 by hiljil
25 Jan 2018, 20:24
Thank you for Part One ! Pleased you had a pleasant start and hope the rest of the trip lived up to expectations.
Look forward to Part Two :D