#943676 by gilly
17 May 2018, 19:04
And so after a lovely, if busy, few days with son and girlfriend, it was time to return. We woke to a ghastly, cool day with torrential rain - very different from the 28 degrees we had got used to. With this in mind, and the time of day, we booked our cab to get us to the airport in plenty of time. So much time, we stood around for 45 minutes waiting for BA to open their check in desks and relieve us of our bags!

No fast track - we were tersely informed BA don’t pay in Budapest - so it took quite a while to get through security and we made our way to the Platinum lounge. Hmmm, not good, though we have experienced worse - just! The flight was called and we boarded and took our very nice seats 2D&F. Lots of legroom, and again very clean, though the cleaners had had but a short time to do their thing. The flight wasn’t quite full, so we were away slightly ahead of schedule and much to our dismay, informed we would land early - meaning we would have a 3 hour wait at Paddington :-(

Drinks (champagne) were served and regularly topped up throughout the flight, and then lunch. My husband had a beetroot carpaccio with goats cheese, followed by fish pie, strawberry meringue and cheese. He declared everything excellent. Having ordered an Asian veggie meal, I received a very nice mezze platter, followed by the very best airline meal I have ever, ever eaten - two curries with jasmine rice. It was sublime. This was followed by the same delicious mango tart I was given on the way out. I was a VERY happy bunny.

Service throughout was exemplary and I can honestly say this flight was exceptional. One of our best ever and THE best short haul. The flight attendant serving CE was fantastic and lead by example.

We landed about 20 minutes ahead of schedule and were in the stand within a couple of minutes. Bags took a while to appear but ours were amongst the first, all priority tagged and the golf clubs we brought back for our son, brought out a minute or two later. All in all, a fantastic flight, apart from that awfully long wait at Paddington!
#943717 by gilly
20 May 2018, 06:56
While we wouldn’t use BA Club long haul - that awful seat configuration - we have been impressed with CE recently. And after taking into account the baggage allowance and lounge access, the extra cost can, we feel, be justifiable. Anyway, we seem to have a few other CE flights booked ;-)