#12595 by Jon B
06 May 2006, 13:11
Anyone used their Tom Tom Go system in the US?.

Have a TTG 700 and will probably download the west coast maps but wondered if anyone else has done this, and is it worth it?

From experience the UK maps are excellent on TTG but some of the European maps are not to the same standard.

Otherwise it's fall back on the old Rand Mcnally book

Many thanks for any advice in advance
#116222 by GatorBaiter
06 May 2006, 13:14
Yep! Used it for Florida...including lots of places outside Orlando. Also used it in Boston and NYC and, with the exception of some tricky roadworks and 'rotaries' in Boston, it gets a big [y]
#116227 by Jon B
06 May 2006, 13:21
Originally posted by GatorBaiter
Yep! Used it for Florida...including lots of places outside Orlando. Also used it in Boston and NYC and, with the exception of some tricky roadworks and 'rotaries' in Boston, it gets a big [y]

Many thanks for that..... I'll be off to download the maps this afternoon [y]

Now if only I could get the voice of Uma Thurman to download as well :D
#116230 by GatorBaiter
06 May 2006, 13:32
...and one more thing...a lot of the US hire cars have satnav now...well at least the Jeep Grand Cherokee I had in Boston did and once you got your head around it, it was equally as good as TomTom. Just a thought.
#120854 by catsilversword
02 Jun 2006, 15:41
Originally posted by Jon B
Anyone used their Tom Tom Go system in the US?.

Have a TTG 700 and will probably download the west coast maps but wondered if anyone else has done this, and is it worth it?

From experience the UK maps are excellent on TTG but some of the European maps are not to the same standard.

Otherwise it's fall back on the old Rand Mcnally book

Many thanks for any advice in advance

Not used it myself, but friends of ours have done and said it worked really well.
#120872 by mas66
02 Jun 2006, 17:32
Hi

Used my 700 on my last trip to LA worked fine with no problems.... only thing you need to watch is that having a portable SatNav stuck to your windscreen is a violation of CA traffic law !! .... did not get pulled over myself but just be careful !!

Regards

Mark
#123506 by Jon B
19 Jun 2006, 12:50
Originally posted by mas66
Hi

Used my 700 on my last trip to LA worked fine with no problems.... only thing you need to watch is that having a portable SatNav stuck to your windscreen is a violation of CA traffic law !! .... did not get pulled over myself but just be careful !!

Regards

Mark

Thanks for the tip Mark [y]
#131764 by mcmbenjamin
09 Aug 2006, 21:27
Does anyone by chance have a link to those websites that feature alternative narrators for TomTomÕs?

My friendÕs future wife got one to drive around her hearse in her new job. LookinÕ for any employees Egg? :)
#131769 by MarkJ
09 Aug 2006, 21:54
Hi Ben,

just did quick Yahoo search and got

this

and

these

dont you have search engines in the US[:I][:?][:w]
#131773 by mcmbenjamin
09 Aug 2006, 22:06
Originally posted by MarkJ

dont you have search engines in the US[:I][:?][:w]

Hey Mark. :) Thanks for you help. We do have search engines in the US. IIRC many are based on the right coast. Google, Yahoo and maybe more.

To further define my question; Does anyone know of a site that provides a voice for a TomTom that curses (words that I should not type on VF).

Sorta a prank her boyfriend and I are scheming...[}:)][y]
#131920 by GatorBaiter
10 Aug 2006, 12:08
I think this is just what you are looking for. I put it on my mum's Tom Tom and she had to pull over through hysterics, just before she called me up to give me a light-hearted roasting! [:o)]
#131923 by fozzyo
10 Aug 2006, 12:15
You could get John Cleese from the TomTom website. I did find a Voice of God voice once which amused me for a few seconds and then got annoying.
#131932 by mcmbenjamin
10 Aug 2006, 12:30
Originally posted by GatorBaiter
I think this is just what you are looking for. I put it on my mum's Tom Tom and she had to pull over through hysterics, just before she called me up to give me a light-hearted roasting! [:o)]

aww. Thanks again GB.

Props to you! [y]

She may like the voice of good too considering her job.
#132669 by andrew.m.wright
13 Aug 2006, 14:30
Originally posted by mcmbenjamin
Does anyone by chance have a link to those websites that feature alternative narrators for TomTomÕs?

My friendÕs future wife got one to drive around her hearse in her new job. LookinÕ for any employees Egg? :)

You'll also find a host of them on http://www.ebay.co.uk
Virgin Atlantic