#13565 by catsilversword
23 Jun 2006, 16:48
Or, I will do, unless I can get some ipod mini help! I got this wonderful gadget for my birthday and thought it should be simplicity itself. My problem is that it doesn't seem to update stuff I've added. It has done sometimes, but I just took some tracks and added them on itunes. Now - from the online manual, it seems that all I need to do is plug in the ipod and it will update tunes automatically. Doesn't appear to be doing so, even though it keep displaying do not disconnect.

Can someone here help, before I leap off the nearest multi storey car park?????[xx(]
#124136 by pjh
23 Jun 2006, 17:19
Originally posted by catsilversword
Or, I will do, unless I can get some ipod mini help! I got this wonderful gadget for my birthday and thought it should be simplicity itself. My problem is that it doesn't seem to update stuff I've added. It has done sometimes, but I just took some tracks and added them on itunes. Now - from the online manual, it seems that all I need to do is plug in the ipod and it will update tunes automatically. Doesn't appear to be doing so, even though it keep displaying do not disconnect.

Can someone here help, before I leap off the nearest multi storey car park?????[xx(]

Synchronisation is the key, and I think that's in your iTunes Preferences (can't give you c&v until I'm home). You can set it to synchronise automatically or to allow you to drag and drop the tunes you want onto your iPod. I use the latter as I have waaay more tracks on my pc than will fit on my 40 GB(the only time I'll be heard to say size matters) iPod.

I'll check the forum later this eve and if no-one else has come up with the goods I'll help as best I can.

Paul
#124154 by miopyk
23 Jun 2006, 18:50
PJH is right, to check that your ipod has been recognised by itunes, connect your ipod, go into the itunes menu, select preferences and then ipod. You should be able to change any of the settings which should solve your problem. If you can't solve it this way you can always manually drag and drop -

Drag the track(s) you want from the library and drop them into the ipod icon on the left hand side of the itunes menu.

Out of interest are you on a mac or PC?

Miopyk
#124158 by locutus
23 Jun 2006, 18:58
Er.. buy a Sony? [:w]
#124160 by miopyk
23 Jun 2006, 19:06
Er.. buy a Sony?

You're joking. I bought my son a Sony Bean and the software for that is complete cr*p. It won't even play MP3s, only Sony's own rubbish.

Itunes isn't great but it beat's Sony's.

Miopyk
#124162 by miopyk
23 Jun 2006, 19:16
Sorry, I retract my previous comment if you meen a PSP.

We got a couple of these last year and with a good size memory stick they are all the entertainment you need (unless you have an Archos as well).

However I don't think this helps Catsilversword's current situation so I'll shut up:D

Miopyk
#124193 by locutus
23 Jun 2006, 22:59
Originally posted by miopyk
Er.. buy a Sony?

You're joking. I bought my son a Sony Bean and the software for that is complete cr*p. It won't even play MP3s, only Sony's own rubbish.

Itunes isn't great but it beat's Sony's.

Miopyk

The Sony Bean will play MP3s however you will get more files on it if you convert them to attrac, however all their more recent players will support mp3. Download the new Connect player, it is better than their sonicstage software.
#124212 by pjh
24 Jun 2006, 01:48
Claire

Any more help needed ?

Paul
#124238 by catsilversword
24 Jun 2006, 10:11
Thanks for all your help guys - I'll be looking closely at your suggestions later today - and come back when I fail LOL.

Miopyk - am using a pc...

[:X]
#124362 by catsilversword
25 Jun 2006, 15:33
Thanks once again everyone - I found the ipod tab which lets me elect to update automatically (it wasn't ticked) - so hopefully, that's it.

I really, really can't believe I missed finding that though..[:I]
#124368 by miopyk
25 Jun 2006, 15:49
Ah well, we all foget to tick the right box's sometimes:D

Hope it's all sorted

Miopyk
#124480 by catsilversword
26 Jun 2006, 07:00
I just noticed I called it an ipod mini - what was I on, for goodness sake.... meant a nano, naturally....[:0]
#124494 by Juliet
26 Jun 2006, 10:59
well, since the Nano is the replacement for the mini, and they all are affected by the i-tunes update box, it should still work! :)
Virgin Atlantic