#16034 by DragonLady
03 Nov 2006, 18:33
Bought myself a pair of the newly launched in ear headphones yesterday while here in SFO.Much as I love my QC2s they're too big for everday use in my handbag and my ipod earphones simply cause me too much pain.Don't know if they're available in the UK yet as could only find them on bose.com and not uk website.Pretty pleased with them and were only $99.95 plus tax.Nice and discreet, and come in a practical little carry case.Sound quality is excellent too.
Julie
#146054 by Littlejohn
04 Nov 2006, 09:57
Only feature on the US Site so I guess they are only US available at the moment. Reading the blurb, they don't appear to be NR.
#147241 by DragonLady
10 Nov 2006, 23:47
Originally posted by sailor99
Only feature on the US Site so I guess they are only US available at the moment. Reading the blurb, they don't appear to be NR.

No- they're triport Jeremy but I'll try them out on the way back to LHR this afternoon to see how they fare with engine noise.In the store they gave more than adequate sound quality/ noise reduction for everyday use with my Ipod which is essentially all I need them for (and they don't hurt my ears).
Julie
Julie
#147248 by Decker
11 Nov 2006, 00:48
Bose sent me (UK) a brochure last week featuring them in the UK at the £60-70 price point I think.
#147268 by slinky09
11 Nov 2006, 09:05
Well they look good, and finally one vendor has realised that people have different ears! With many of these one stays tight and the other earphone falls out of my lugs (don't ask, it's medical and very painful!). Shame they're not NR but look forward to the review.
#147391 by DragonLady
12 Nov 2006, 19:41
Quick update on the new headphones.Tried them out for part of the journey home on friday night.Engine noise was barely audible with them in and perfectly adequate IMHO to use onboard ( but not as total as my QC2s).Carrying box is small enought to fit in QC2 case as well.
Slink,they come with 3 different sizes of ear tips slink as Bose have cottoned on to the fact that people have different sized ears (Sm Med and L).They also offer a 30 day refund if not satisfied (well to sets bought in USA anyway- not sure about UK)
Julie
#152182 by JAT74L
23 Dec 2006, 18:25
I've recently got a pair and find them very comfortable with the L size earpieces attatched. Sound quality is up to the usual Bose standard.

Regards

John
#152184 by David
23 Dec 2006, 18:39
Have a look at the Shures as well. EC2's very good at around £35 (ebay) but the EC4's are superb (£130ish)

Lots of different fittings etc - noise reduction pretty good - bass excellent and very discreet.

David.
#153816 by oxmatt
09 Jan 2007, 19:43
I have some westone UM1s which I bought from an excellent online store in the US (and had delivered to the UK) they are supposed to be the most comfortable at this sort of price point ($100-$150). In fact I think they are sooo good I bought a pair for both of my parents for xmas for their jaunt to Australia. (They arrived within 3 days of ordering so just in time for xmas)

If anyone wants the store website (they sell all the shure products etc as well) PM me

AS for the Bose in ears I have seen them on billboards on the tube so they should be available in the UK v soon if not already
#153897 by daywalker
10 Jan 2007, 13:37
Originally posted by David
Have a look at the Shures as well. EC2's very good at around £35 (ebay) but the EC4's are superb (£130ish)

Lots of different fittings etc - noise reduction pretty good - bass excellent and very discreet.

David.

Shure EC2 sound quality is diabolical, I bought some (to replace some Sony ear canals) and a week later went out and got some Sennheiser CX300 (I think that's the model name, they were £39.99 when I got them in June last year) they are perfectly adequate (help me get through 2 hrs a day on the indoor rower) and due to the ear canal styling cancel out most noise. The sound quality is excellent for what they are, far better value than Bose QC's IMHO. Bose QC's are far too bulky for my everyday needs and I couldn't be doing with them on board either for the same reasons.

As far as I was aware, any decent pair of 'ear canal' style earphones come with 3 different sizes so should fit most people.

Oh yeah, QC's don't fit in with my hair style either :D[:w]
Virgin Atlantic