#16844 by JAT74L
23 Dec 2006, 18:23
Hi all,

I recently had a disk error on the home PC which caused me to have to format the C drive in the process of using the HP recovery program.

Now, my iPod contains several thousand tracks but will not now sync with the newly refreshed PC as it says it's still synced with another iTunes library.

Any help with a fix would be most gratefuly appreciated.

Regards

John
#152187 by p17blo
23 Dec 2006, 19:33
I assume you have a Windows PC (rather than a MAC) as you refer to the C Drive. I did have a program to lift tunes of my ipod. I thought it was called ihack, but having just had a quick look on the net for it I can't seem to find it again. I will have a look at my saved programs which are on my external drive (I need to connect it up) and if I can find it I will give you more detail.

Paul

ps, Just as side question I assume you are actually trying to recover the music? If not you can simply tell itunes to ignore the partnership and sync with the new PC. However doing this will wipe your existing contents, so be very careful
#152188 by p17blo
23 Dec 2006, 19:35
Found it - it is called ephPOD and you can download a version from here:
http://www.ephpod.com/.

Basically you will need to liberate all of the music from your ipod, import it back into itunes then sync itunes and your ipod overwriting the existing partnership

Paul
#152189 by mitchja
23 Dec 2006, 20:36
The other way could be to manually move or copy your iPod files onto your hard drive by using your iPod as a HDD (option to set this up is in iTunes), once all your music is on your PC, format your iPod and then try re-syncing

Regards
#152203 by Pete
24 Dec 2006, 01:01
Originally posted by mitchja
The other way could be to manually move or copy your iPod files onto your hard drive by using your iPod as a HDD (option to set this up is in iTunes), once all your music is on your PC, format your iPod and then try re-syncing

Regards

Sadly Apple don't let that happen (part of their copyright protection). Paul's method of using ehPod is the way to go. That lets you get at the music files, and once back in the iTunes library, you can then re-create a sync from there.

Pete
Virgin Atlantic