You're probably right!
#166212 by Scrooge
05 Apr 2007, 00:08
Originally posted by pixuk
You're probably right!

No he isn't..thats nice.
#166216 by Pete
05 Apr 2007, 00:14
That's all the encouragement I need... now where's me credit card ;)
#166218 by Scrooge
05 Apr 2007, 00:16
Originally posted by pixuk
That's all the encouragement I need... now where's me credit card ;)

LOL easy mark...now let me check the price on my netgear stock [:0]
#166225 by mcmbenjamin
05 Apr 2007, 01:26
Now if it was a 3G 4-Band GSM, normal phone plus Skype and Vonage I would consider it...

Pretty fly product yo.
#166234 by p17blo
05 Apr 2007, 09:13
I see these as having limited appeal and at least for me wouldn't be worth having.
I am with Talk Talk and for £20 a month I get my line rental and pretty much unlimited FREE calls to ALL US numbers (including Cells) and ALL UK 01 and 02 numbers (soon to include 03 numbers) so my only extra costs are to mobiles and my BANK! - For mobile I use a web initiated least call routing scheme (I forget what the name of the service is at the moment).

So with the talk talk package I also get my 3.5mb broadband service.

I can't live without a BT line as there is no cable service in my area so I have no choice but to pay line rental to someone for about £11 a month, so the upshot is that for £9 a month I get Broadband and free calls to US, Most of the UK and a heap of other countries - Sounds like a deal to me.

Now, where I see Skype and similar VoIP services coming into their own, and actually I have been at a conference all this week discussion such topics, is on a combined Mobile device - Apparently we are very close to devices and supporting hardware that will allow SEAMLESS roaming, even on a live call, between Cell based calling and Wi-Fi based calling, with the device AUTOMATICALLY switching to Wi-Fi without dropping the call as soon as a trusted Wi-Fi service is available and to swap back to the cell network when signal is weak or lost, again without loss of the call.

Looks like this area could well get interesting!

Paul
Virgin Atlantic