#20113 by PVGSLF
10 Jul 2007, 14:50
With the growing phenomenon that is Lewis Hamilton, finding some decent English Language Formula one coverage whilst overseas is now very important to me.
I have countless internet TV clients now loaded on my laptop, (much to the chagrin of my IT department), and usually manage to find something, though I guess a lot of it is in breach of broadcast rights and what was available one week is gone the next.
I have now stumbled across a couple of home solutions that seem to allow you to watch your home TV channels anywhere in the world quite reliably and “legally”, and wonder if anyone has any experience or preference between SlingMedia – SlingBox, or Sony’s LocationFree.
I’m swaying towards the SlingBox as it seems to include a built in DVB receiver and is cheaper than the sony.

Anybody got one or the other?
#177338 by Pete
10 Jul 2007, 14:58
A friend on mine swears by SlingBox, and he's demonstrated it to me (while he was around at my place, showing shows recorded on his TiVo at home). Very clever, and apparently works with an awful lot of devices.
#177340 by RichardMannion
10 Jul 2007, 15:05
The LocationFree was on sale at Argos recently for £110, but when I asked some of our Media boys they said it was good, but you only got one client licence and you have to buy more.

Reminds me, I must sort out that Slingbox they promised me.

Thanks,
Richard