#21700 by Darren Wheeler
29 Oct 2007, 14:41
Not technology in the flashing lights and beeping sense.

Has anyone used a Tempur travel pillow while in UCS? I can never quite get comfy with the supplied one and have seen the travel version. At about £40 it's a bit steep but what price comfort.

I've looked at inflatable ones but so far all are really hideous and the potential for it going bang is not a thought I want.
#188562 by Pete
29 Oct 2007, 15:39
I have one of those pillows at home (it was a Christmas gift last year), and it's ok, but not *wow*, if you know what I mean. Not sure I'd want to sacrifice my carry-on allowance for a pillow, though. The UK guidelines about 1 piece are pretty strict, so carrying one of those may mean no iPod, book or Bose headphones...
#188571 by preiffer
29 Oct 2007, 16:59
Maybe they could offer simply another pillow onboard, for those who find the one just not enough. Say, a small one, perhaps a contrasting "red" in colour? [:?]

Oh no, I forgot... [ii]
#188576 by jerseyboy
29 Oct 2007, 17:43
Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
Not technology in the flashing lights and beeping sense.

Has anyone used a Tempur travel pillow while in UCS? I can never quite get comfy with the supplied one and have seen the travel version. At about £40 it's a bit steep but what price comfort.

Go for it Darren we have the tempur bed at home plus pillows. They are great, very comfortable. We actually put our pillows in our cases and take them on holiday. They pack up nice in a vacume sealed bag.

Jerseyboy
#189014 by vs_itsallgood
01 Nov 2007, 23:58
I have the travel pillow, have used one for about 7 years now. I recommend you get it, no matter the price. Use it at home, even if you have the full-size pillow, until you get used to the small size. Once you train yourself to sleep on the smaller pillow, you'll have no trouble with it.

A few things I've learned the hard way: The travel pillow is the same firmness as the 'regular' pillow, not the firm. If you need a firm pillow, it may be too soft. Make sure you can try it out (in a plastic bag, perhaps) and possibly return/exchange it if need be. Many retailers won't let you return it.

It's a bit heavy when rolled up in its case. Make sure you factor that in if you are a dedicated carry-on fanatic. If it comes along, something else has to go.

And, last but not least, roll it into its case at the last minute, take it out and let it expand as soon as you get on the plane, and don't store it in its case, ever. The longer it's rolled, the flatter it gets. If it's rolled for too long you'll need a new pillow.

Last but not least, be decadent and shop for a colorful silk pillowcase for it. Silk cases crush up small enough to fit in the travel bag, no cotton one will. NEVER ever put a white case on it - you will leave it behind on the plane and in the hotels..... (Personal experience, alas, at $80 a pop [:I])
Virgin Atlantic