#252788 by easygoingeezer
16 Jan 2008, 15:01
Been looking all over the net for this 'fix' that can be done to get custom ringtones on my iphone, all sounds really complex, thing is I managed all the complex stuff apart from re-naming my 39sec music file from an AAC track to a .m4r file. that bits supposed to be easy peasy but I don't know how to rename a file type...just its name.

I have windows xp.
#431811 by Neil
16 Jan 2008, 15:06
And there was me thinking that your problem was trying to decide weather to have Dancing Queen or Billy Jean as your ringtone and you wanted your fellow V-Flyers to help you decide[:I]

But it seems I was wrong so I shall go sit in the corner and be quiet while the clever people help you[:#]
#431815 by HighFlyer
16 Jan 2008, 15:15
Where is your source file? In iTunes?

Thanks,
Sarah
#431816 by easygoingeezer
16 Jan 2008, 15:21
I have as instructed made one of my songs 39 seconds long, then turned it in to an AAC file. I am then supposed to drag it on to my desktop and rename the filetype from a m4a to a m4r file which once pasted back in to itunes will be recognised as a ringtone file.

Its the renaming a file I am stuck with and when you read about making the tones this bit seems to be the easy ordinary pc bit people just imagine any monkey can do, lol. Not this monkey
#431817 by HighFlyer
16 Jan 2008, 15:27
Right-click and choose to rename the file, and you should get the song title with the file extension highlighted. E.g; 'The Beatles Ð Penny Lane.m4r'. Change it there, edit the .m4a to read .m4r Once you have done that, double click the .m4r file to import it into iTunes then sync your iPhone.

Thanks,
Sarah
#431823 by easygoingeezer
16 Jan 2008, 15:59
big kisses to you[oo]

Now any idea how I can get my emails sent, says the smpt.aol fails, whats one of those.

My emails come in but they don't go out
#431825 by HighFlyer
16 Jan 2008, 16:19
Firstly, change smpt.aol to smtp.aol.com That should help. [:D]

If it still doesnt work, what specific error messages are you getting?

AOL is terrible for email though. smtp in their case must stand for Small Mail Time Portal.

Thanks,
Sarah
#431841 by VS075
16 Jan 2008, 18:08
Originally posted by HighFlyer
AOL is terrible for email though. smtp in their case must stand for Small Mail Time Portal.

To be fair AOL are terrible full stop! We left them nearly two years ago to upgrade to broadband to Blueyonder (now Virgin Media) and have never looked back. [:)]
Virgin Atlantic