#254644 by locutus
30 May 2008, 21:23
Ok, I sold my soul to the Devil and moved away from Sony however I'm having a few issues with my Ipod Touch.

Help me V-Flyer, you're my only hope.

So, I have it connected to iTunes, I copy stuff, all good. I eject it, and unplug it, and go to use it and it says I have no music, then iTunes can't read it and I need to restore it and lose all my music. [xx(] It's happened about 4 times now. I'm quite annoyed. Any ideas? Should I pop into the Apple Store and try and get a replacement as it's still under warranty?

TIA for any help!
#444482 by mitchja
30 May 2008, 21:53
You say you eject it then un plug it [:?]

I just pull mine out of the docking station or pull out the USB cable if not using the dock. As long as it's not syncing at the time you unplug it, it should be OK.

Have you got the latest software on your iPod Touch (ver 1.1.4)? If so try restoring the previous version which iTunes allows you to do.

Have you tried doing an iPod re-boot by holding down both the lock button and the select button at the same time for at least 6 seconds until the Apple icon appears?

Regards
#444486 by locutus
30 May 2008, 22:14
I've tried a reset, a reboot, a power cycle, anything I can find to try, and it just says it can't be read.

Running Vista as my OS too.
#444489 by Scrooge
30 May 2008, 22:19
Originally posted by locutus

Running Vista as my OS too.

Well theres your problem...your a VF member..don't you know you should only pray at the Apple alter....oh hang on..it's an Apple product thats giving you trouble...must be user error....

Ok..anti Apple rant over... We have had this happen once, but all we did was reload the music and all was good with the world. The one thing I have noticed is that from the time of hitting eject to the thing being ready to go can vary..be sure that it has finished ejecting.
#444490 by Nottingham Nick
30 May 2008, 22:19
Ouch - that does sound frustrating. Sounds like a time for a trip to see one of them there Genius folk at the Apple Store.

I have never had a problem syncing my Touch, but I am running XP. I am sure I have read somewhere that Apple and Vista don't get on. [?]

Nick
#444491 by RichardMannion
30 May 2008, 22:22
Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Ouch - that does sound frustrating. Sounds like a time for a trip to see one of them there Genius folk at the Apple Store.

I have never had a problem syncing my Touch, but I am running XP. I am sure I have read somewhere that Apple and Vista don't get on. [?]

Nick

iTunes does support Vista:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Thanks,
Richard
#444492 by mitchja
30 May 2008, 22:22
No issues with Vista and my iPod Touch here.

Regards
#444692 by Flashboy
02 Jun 2008, 21:27
I have had the odd issues syncing but they are generally sorted by updated software

I'm currently on VISTA (I Know ?[:#]) but have updated to iPhone (Jailbreak Version[y]) using iTunes V 7.2.6.9 and V 1.1.4 on iPhone and have encountered few issues, didn't have any issues with iTouch either

Try a restore and full sync after updating to latest software versions

Other than that, Accidently drop it of a tall building and get a new one via insurance,[V] Problem solved
#446198 by locutus
19 Jun 2008, 15:42
Update... went into the Apple Store, and they told me that I should be doing a full restore every 6-8 weeks, and it must be because I don't sync with iTunes, I just copy music to it as I want. Hmmm. If it happens again I'll go back and try and get a replacement I think.
#446200 by Scrooge
19 Jun 2008, 15:46
Well that's a new one to me
Virgin Atlantic