#847601 by David
06 Jun 2013, 00:08
Not really an apple person, but do like my iPad for surfing ( especially v-flyer ).

But, am struggling to post photos taken by my iPad into TR's. must be too high resolution / large files.

Is there an (easy) way to do this ?

Thanks

David
#847602 by Sealink
06 Jun 2013, 00:24
I upload mine to Flickr, then use the "Show All Sizes" and pick Medium, copy the link and post it here.

Flickr officially doesn't like you doing that though.
#847603 by David
06 Jun 2013, 00:30
Thanks Sealink,

Never thought about flicker, thought there might be a way of shrinking the size automatically but maybe not.

Thanks

David
#847614 by hiljil
06 Jun 2013, 07:02
I found a site called SimpleResize which I downloaded on my ipad. It was so easy even I managed it ! :D
#847623 by mitchja
06 Jun 2013, 10:28
You can upload pics directly from your iPad Camera Roll when posting a new topic.

1. When posting a new topic, click the 'Upload Attachment' tab below the post text box.

2. Click 'Choose File'

3. Click 'Choose Existing'

4. Select the photo you wish to upload.

5. To add multiple photos, just repeat the same process again for each photo.

6. To add photos inline, click in the text box exactly where you want the photo, then click the 'Place inline' button for each photo once uploaded.
Attachments
image.jpg
#847680 by horburyflyer
06 Jun 2013, 22:44
I've tried this a couple of times and th photos have ended upside down......wondered why because when you click on the photo it opens the correct way up!!!!! What am I don't wrong?

Thanks

Jon
#847729 by sky0000547
07 Jun 2013, 10:10
horburyflyer wrote:I've tried this a couple of times and th photos have ended upside down......wondered why because when you click on the photo it opens the correct way up!!!!! What am I don't wrong

Can't comment on the iPad as I don't use that to take photo but this is from the iPhone.

I prefer to take landscape photos from the phone rather than portrait. On the later iOS, Apple made the volume button into a 'shutter/shoot' button when in camera mode. So effectively when taking a landscape photo, you will turn the phone into landscape making it like a camera and have the volume buttons on top to shoot. Although once the photo has been taken, the photo looks the correct way up on the phone but Infact it is not when you download that photo from phone to computer or email that photo direct from phone. In order to get the photo the correct way up in landscape is to have the volume buttons pointing downwards when shooting.

I would assume this could be the same on iPad.
Virgin Atlantic