#918921 by hiljil
18 Mar 2016, 08:23
I am well used to putting phone ,tablet & shoes in the tray for screening but does anyone know, please, if one has to take an Apple Watch off as well ?

Thank you.
#918924 by mitchja
18 Mar 2016, 10:50
I always remove my (non-Apple) watch before going through airport security as it reduces the chances of setting the metal detectors off.
#918925 by slinky09
18 Mar 2016, 11:50
mitchja wrote:I always remove my (non-Apple) watch before going through airport security as it reduces the chances of setting the metal detectors off.

Even though mine does sometimes set the detector off, I keep it on, nice watches sometimes get 'lost' in security!
#918927 by hiljil
18 Mar 2016, 11:55
Thank you for your replies.

It was precisely for Slinky's observation that I wanted to know if one could keep the watch on the safety of one's wrist !! A watch is quite a small piece of equipment ......
#918930 by Bretty
18 Mar 2016, 14:32
...and can easily go "missing". I think I've mentioned before that a few years ago my OH was robbed going through security. Items placed in the tray were stolen by someone further up the queue whilst he was stuck being scanned because the officers aren't watching or really interested in what belongs to whom. Ever since then, if we remove any items - phone, wallet, and even watch (I do keep mine on unless I'm asked to remove it) they're placed inside our bags in a zipped pocket so as not to tempt anyone with light fingers.
#918933 by slinky09
18 Mar 2016, 14:59
Bretty wrote:Ever since then, if we remove any items - phone, wallet, and even watch (I do keep mine on unless I'm asked to remove it) they're placed inside our bags in a zipped pocket so as not to tempt anyone with light fingers.

Exactly what I do if there's the risk of loose valuables in a tray!
#918957 by mitchja
18 Mar 2016, 22:25
I never place my watch or anything else loose in a tray to go through security, it always goes in my bag before I reach security along with my belt.
#918990 by Maximus
20 Mar 2016, 08:24
I do the same, all possible items that may triggers alrms go in the bag, away from others fingers. I trust the security staff, it's the other passengers I am wary of!

Do you have an Apple watch hilgil? How do you find it? I am tempted but have been holding out until the next release.
#918991 by hiljil
20 Mar 2016, 08:35
Hi Maximus.
Yes I have an Apple Watch and absolutely love it. And I can't really explain why . It is quite ridiculous that such a thing should give me so much pleasure , but every morning , when I put it on , I find myself smiling at it !!!!
:-D
#918995 by Maximus
20 Mar 2016, 11:38
hiljil wrote:Hi Maximus.
Yes I have an Apple Watch and absolutely love it. And I can't really explain why . It is quite ridiculous that such a thing should give me so much pleasure , but every morning , when I put it on , I find myself smiling at it !!!!

Well that alone makes it a beautiful thing!
#919011 by dickydotcom
20 Mar 2016, 20:50
TSA who knows what they will say. I've just come through security at MCO.
Just before the scanner the man next to me takes off his shoes. I'm about to do the same when TSA lady behind the belt says, "leave your shoes on." so I do and head for the body scan when a voice behind me says, "shoes off please sir."
I say, "she said leave them on." pointing to TSA lady. TSA man says, are you over 75? so at that I just took them off.
Bl**dy cheek.
I went through the body scan and had to have my left shoulder patted down. I can only think my broken collar bone looked a bit odd. Its all a lottery.

Dick D
#919016 by Bretty
20 Mar 2016, 22:01
Maximus wrote:
hiljil wrote:Hi Maximus.

Well that alone makes it a beautiful thing!

I must admit I like the look of the Apple Watch, they're very sleek and attractive, but the purist in me says a watch is a timepiece and an Apple Watch is a gadget that does what my other small electronic devices do, and therefore is not a watch.

So I'll stick with my Montblanc Star Automatic and Tissot Le Locle timepieces which are beautiful traditional timepieces.

That said, the Apple Watch appeals to the gadget geek in me, so I can't rule it out...
#919018 by hiljil
20 Mar 2016, 22:14
I like the fact that I get a discreet tap on my wrist when there is a message and it is so easy to glance (nonchalantly) to see whether I can ignore it or need to answer. So when in company I don't have to rummage in my handbag or break off a conversation. :D
#919036 by Bretty
21 Mar 2016, 14:29
Darn it hiljil! You made go and look and I spotted a lovely Hermes Apple Watch... but I have to fight this temptation, that's what my therapist says, I have to rationalise whether I need it blah blah. It sure does look nice though...
Virgin Atlantic