#8620 by AlanA
27 Oct 2005, 10:05
Well,
Time had come for me to update my video camera, I have a Sony TRV900E Mini DV camcorder which has been a dream for about 7 years, but is strting to show its age in terms of its abilities (pictures only up to 275K in size, etc)

So i have splashed out on a new Sony, the HDR-HC1E camcorder, still mini DV but in High Definition 1080i format with 3mp camera ability.

Smaller and lighter than my TRV, and being a large fella, with big hands (etc :D) I am not a fan of smaller is best, but its not too small.

the only problem is that none of the accessories fit, so its new everythings again![:#]

The question I had is that I am going to give it a bashing in five weeks time on our trip to Florida and I wasgoing to take some video in the plane.

I know we do not have space tec on the site for video footage, but does anyone have ideas wherev to "park" it on line> also, how big should the clip(s) be?
TIA
#82347 by Richard28
27 Oct 2005, 19:09
for plane videos, you want to use the flightlevel350 website.

This has loads of videos on it, uploaded from various users.

I have not uploaded anything to the site, but the faq says videos must be no bigger than 30mb, and must have a bit-rate of between 700-800 kbps.

Let us all know when you have up-loaded :D

Rich.
#82457 by McCoy
28 Oct 2005, 19:17
Originally posted by Richard28
for plane videos, you want to use the flightlevel350 website.
Woah.. there's some crackin vids on that site.. thanks! The one of the A321 aborting landing in strong winds is incredible....
#82470 by JAT74L
28 Oct 2005, 20:31
Yeah, now that's what you call a side slip! [:0]

I hope the trolley was both parked up AND EMPTY at the time! [:p]

Regards

John
#82474 by JAT74L
28 Oct 2005, 21:11
Yeah, now that's what you call a side slip! [:0]

Regards

John
#82476 by Littlejohn
28 Oct 2005, 21:23
Originally posted by JAT74L

Never mind the trolley! I think it was a TAP flight in the video. I should imagine that the regurgitated food after that landing looked a lot better than was served to me on my recent TAP flight[:$]
Virgin Atlantic