This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#910978 by DoomWolf
04 Oct 2015, 00:46
Just over an hour to go until VS20 back to LHR after an amazing couple of weeks in sunny California. We were first at check in and were at the clubhouse before they'd even opened the shutter! It felt very exclusive being the only people in there for the first 10 or so minutes. :-D

Check in was smooth and the desk agent happily checked the bags to Heathrow rather than through to Dublin. Only downside is that we may not have any IFE on the flight. They informed us of this at the desk and gave us a letter saying that if the engineers can't get it working in time, we'll receive 10,000 FC miles (8,000 for PE pax and 6,000 for economy) as a compensation.

Service in the clubhouse has been impeccable, and they have some lovely local beers available. I can recommend the Back in Black IPA and the Anchor Porter. The Clubhouse Burger was also excellent. I'm just finishing a Knob Creek whiskey while my wife enjoys a Red Carpet cocktail before boarding commences shortly.

There's the first boarding call...
#910986 by marshy11
04 Oct 2015, 08:19
Hope you had a pleasant fligh back and the engineers fixed the IFE.

You will arrive back to the last day of sunshine as the tail end of a hurricane approaches the UK. Welcome home!
#910995 by hiljil
04 Oct 2015, 10:40
Hope you had a really good overnight flight. :-D
#911010 by DoomWolf
04 Oct 2015, 13:24
We're now in Revivals enjoying a cup of tea after a hot shower. The IFE wasn't fixed, it just ended up showing a few of the films in a broadcast mode, so no TV/film selections or pausing. It's not so bad happening on a night flight though. The flight itself was excellent, although more turbulent than the flight out. The crew, though, were outstanding, the best I've ever experienced. Nothing was too much trouble for them and every interaction was accompanied by a smile. The FSM was excellent. I can't remember her name, but she had a lovely Welsh accent, and her and her crew deserve a lot of praise.

Our first experience of upper is going to make it very difficult to book any flight again where we don't 'turn right'. ;-)
#911017 by hiljil
04 Oct 2015, 13:59
Glad the flight was excellent.
I wonder if the turbulence was connected to the hurricane up the eastern seaboard ?!
Virgin Atlantic