This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937002 by mitchja
29 Jul 2017, 11:41
After reading on here about the year-round ~£1400 Upper Class fare offer from MAN to ORD (either via ATL or JFK), I decided to go for it yesterday.

Initially tried calling to book using the #ABBA but I was told that because my flight would involve codeshare flights on DL metal, I couldn't take advantage of this offer. No big deal, so I just booked online via Quidco to at least get £10 cash back instead.

Anyway, went though the online booking, selected a MAN>ATL>ORD flight outbound and ORD>JFK>MAN inbound (the JFK Clubhouse swung it for me on the return flight rather than coming home via ATL). Got to the select seat stage, selected seats on the VS legs....then nothing happened and the webpage went blank.

Started the whole process again via Quidco and this time skipped the seat selection page. Got right to the end of the process after entering my card details and clicked the final 'Confirm' button. After a few minutes got a message back saying 'Sorry there had been a problem, please call us....'

Paid using my VS AmEx card and just happened to log in to the MBNA app and noticed that the fare amount was showing as 'pending' on my account.

Went to my list of VS bookings and low and behold the booking was there with the booking reference etc. Did an online chat with VS and the agent said everything looked correct and she also gave me my DL PNR as well to select my seats on the DL system.

No email booking confirmation received and there was still no e-ticket number showing on the booking almost 24 hours later so I decided to call Flying Club and double-check everything was OK. Turns out the payment bit had failed.

Gave my card details again and as soon as VS took those, the e-ticket number appeared on my booking along the the 'view receipt' bit and I also received the booking confirmation email.

The correct amount is still showing as 'pending' on my VS AmEX MBNA account.

Do double check your list of bookings to see if the booking has been made (or not) if the website throws up an error when trying to book before making another booking and make sure an e-ticket number shows in your booking.

No e-ticket number or 'view receipt' section in your online booking usually means payment issues.

The only exception to this rule is if you book via Virgin Holidays as those bookings don't show an e-ticket number until about 2 weeks before your departure date.

Also worth noting that even though VS gave me the DL PNR, the VS PNR does also work on the DL website to select the seats on the DL flight legs.