This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#937765 by s2driveruk
24 Aug 2017, 08:07
Looking at a VS ticketed trip LHR to YVR rtn with an internal hop in both directions via SEA

The delta flights are showing as fare code I (VS are either z or i)

Can someone confirm whether tp would be earned at DL rate or at VS rates?

Thanks!
#937766 by SlimpyJones
24 Aug 2017, 08:23
Hey,

Assuming the Delta flights are in First class (which they will be if it is part of an UC round-trip) and it is ticked before Sept 1st you'd earn 75 TPs for each hop. If it is ticketed on or after Sept 1st then you'd earn either 20 or 40 TPs depending on the fare code. I can't grab the exact ones at the moment as the VS website isn't loading.

:)
#937885 by mitchja
29 Aug 2017, 20:18
DL flights are posted to Flying Club usually within a day or so (often quicker than VS flights!!)

Just checked my account and my last VS flight in May took 3 days to post whilst a DL flight taken on the same day was posted the day after the flight.
#937890 by mitchja
30 Aug 2017, 05:31
On the old system, you could always claim your miles/TP’s from VS flights using the online manual claim missing miles pretty much as soon as you landed, after logging out and then back into your account, the miles/TP’s where always there!

The new system doesn’t let you do that any more sadly.
Virgin Atlantic