This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938530 by honey lamb
19 Sep 2017, 18:38
Greetings from the Clubhouse as a slightly fraught journey here. My flight from Cork was seriously delayed but nothing to write home about in the greater scheme of things.

The good news was my bag was tagged through to Durban (although I must collect and recheck in JNB). The not as good news was that there was a couple on my flight who were also flying VS but to Boston and they needed a bit of assistance. As a result we used Flight Connections instead of my usual practice of heading of landslide to T3. Therefore no private security channel. The positive side of that is that Flight Connections exits into T3 just beyond the entrance to the CH near gate 23. Therefore no need to master one's way through Duty Free!
It was just a short hop and step to the hallowed staircase where I was welcomed warmly by the lady at the door who immediately said, "I've met you here before, haven't I?" It's been 22 months since I last flew VS.

I have had a couple of redheads as well as chicken wings and chips which really hit the spot and I met someone I knew. Life really could not be any better right now
#938531 by TimCrawley
19 Sep 2017, 19:07
Relaxing in the CH after a slightly fraught journey is a very nice way to gather strength for the next leg :-)

Looks like they will be dragging you out of the CH in a few minutes as seems an on-time departure for you (so far), enjoy the flight.
#938532 by pjh
19 Sep 2017, 20:29
Have a great time. We have so many fond memories of our SA trip.
#938552 by Silver Fox
20 Sep 2017, 13:07
There really is not a feeling like flopping into the lounge after a fraught journey when you are questioning your own wisdom, but suddenly it just all rights itself when the first redhead is served. Especially better after a few redheads. :)
#938554 by tontybear
20 Sep 2017, 13:29
just greetings? is that because Bretty stole your royal wave???
#938561 by pjh
20 Sep 2017, 19:12
I see this was yet another Honeylamb surprise in the making....
#938571 by honey lamb
21 Sep 2017, 15:28
pjh wrote:I see this was yet another Honeylamb surprise in the making....

That's for me to know and you to find out! :D ;-)
Virgin Atlantic