This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939227 by Lonemorf
22 Oct 2017, 18:40
Hi all,
Taking the kids to NYC for Xmas this year, and I am wondering if anyone knows what the kids menus are like in upper. Anyone seen/tried/sampled?
Also, I can no longer find the menu for flight numbers that used to be about on the old site - so you knew what menu was being served on which flight - any ideas where that has gone?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
#939228 by gumshoe
22 Oct 2017, 18:53
AFAIK the kids' meal is the same in all cabins and there's no choice of dishes. The only difference is in UC they'll take it out of the plastic dish and serve it on a plate. It has to be pre-ordered.
#939233 by tontybear
22 Oct 2017, 21:04
yes there used to be a table about what meals etc would be served on each flight but as you say it vanished when the new and improved (*) website was released around this time last year.

If you post your flight numbers there are enough of us around who may be able to remember what the service is.

As gumshoe says the kids meals are the same but presented more nicely in UC. They tend to be the like of the chicken nugget or pasta type meal.

How old are your kids? It might be the time to suggest they have the 'grown up meal' in the air as this is a special trip. There is a childrens menu in the club house as well.

(*) not new and improved at all and nor is the new BA design either!
#939284 by Trax
25 Oct 2017, 17:39
MMmmm,

Not sure what to do with our child now. I have selected a childs meal, but may just let her pick an adults......

She is 4, and we fly on the 2nd November - Gatwick to Orlando, and also our first flight in UC for us three.

I suppose we will all be well fed an watered in the lounge at Gatwick anyway, seems as we fly at 1pm, and are staying overnight in the Hampton Hilton, so will be up for 'several' breakfasts.........
#939375 by smithy37
31 Oct 2017, 20:05
Just returned from a holiday in Dubai travelling in & out in UC. My kids only ate return as going was a night flight but they hated the meal. I have a 5, 7 & 9 y.o. and everyone of them thought it was disgusting.

Cold, spicy pasta as a starter and reformed spicy chicken, mixed sweet corn & pea side & spicy wedges. Spicy food for kids?
I tried the reformed chicken & it was gross. It broke up on the plate & looked like something a laboratory would concoct.

My kids just ate crisps that we had taken on board.

They ate in the CH going out and that was fine for them. Plenty of choice.

Trip report to follow (I promise) as I flew out 1-1-1 new cabin & back in on 1-2-1 old cabin.
#939376 by marshy11
31 Oct 2017, 21:20
We've never done the kids menu. Ours has eaten (in and out) from an early age. We've never done 'kids menus' in a restaurant or on a plane. They eat what you give them. Their choices only come from the choices you've given them.
Virgin Atlantic