This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#939673 by MrT
18 Nov 2017, 22:45
Hi, managed to nab 2 J seats with SQ PVG-SIN-BKK for September next year booking with VS miles.

It's showing in my Flying Club account and I have a PNR, but cannot view the seat map on the VS site and the SQ site won't recognise the PNR/surname and won't accept the ticket number format (it's showing a 932-prefix ticket number on the VS site).

I'm sure I've read something like this before but couldn't find it in Search. Anyone got any experience/tips before I resort to ringing VS please?

Thanks!
#939675 by mitchja
19 Nov 2017, 11:12
You will need to ask VS for the SQ PNR, which they should be able to give you.
#939681 by Kraken
19 Nov 2017, 16:41
Well done to the OP for getting SQ Business class reward tickets using VS miles. I thought it was nigh on impossible to get anything other than Economy reward tickets on SQ when using non-SQ miles? (As to SQ First, just forget it).
#939690 by PeterStansfield
19 Nov 2017, 19:34
Aha!

I was only looking at the Virgin pages on using miles to travel nicely (not economy) on Singapore
They seem to have changed, quoting (as they always used to) for Business and First, but now with a 'Star' after all redemption miles. There used to be a star later saying 'don't even think about this in First or Busnessess)

Now in the T&C's the Star says

* Only available on selected flights.

I was wondering what it meant - so if someone HAS managed to get J on Singapore, it means 'if they feel like it'

This is GOOD NEWS for us all!

Peter
#939694 by Kraken
19 Nov 2017, 20:58
PeterStansfield wrote:Aha!

I was only looking at the Virgin pages on using miles to travel nicely (not economy) on Singapore
They seem to have changed, quoting (as they always used to) for Business and First, but now with a 'Star' after all redemption miles. There used to be a star later saying 'don't even think about this in First or Busnessess)

Now in the T&C's the Star says

* Only available on selected flights.

I was wondering what it meant - so if someone HAS managed to get J on Singapore, it means 'if they feel like it'

This is GOOD NEWS for us all!

Peter

Agreed! Singapore Business Class blows Upper Class out of the water & I bet SQ don't have the "consistency problem" with lazy crews that Virgin (& many other airlines) have.

I know going back a few years, Singapore only gave female crew 3 year contracts - i.e. "we hire you when you look good & then don't renew your contract when you start to age". Can't say I agree 100% with this, but it helps them maintain the image they want. The labour laws in Singapore clearly allow it.
Virgin Atlantic