This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#940188 by Sealink
13 Dec 2017, 19:37
As one of our brilliant Flying Club members, we wanted to make sure you know about the amazing Virgin Atlantic Sale before anyone else. All our destinations from the UK will be on sale, and you could be among the first to enjoy an incredible deal.

Countdown shows 15 hours to go...
#940189 by pjh
13 Dec 2017, 19:42
Oh, do keep up. :)

Mind you, though a Flying Club member of long standing I must be unworthy of the epiphet "brilliant" as I have yet to be notified of the sale...
#940214 by catsilversword
14 Dec 2017, 10:34
pjh wrote:Oh, do keep up. :)

Mind you, though a Flying Club member of long standing I must be unworthy of the epiphet "brilliant" as I have yet to be notified of the sale...

I must also be a an unworthy Flying Club member!!! I can’t see any sale fares on the VS site either today though. Am I missing something, are the sale fares so well-hidden as to be out of sight???
#940228 by seany
16 Dec 2017, 11:34
Smid wrote:Claims are there's 1K ex Dub J fares to Miami.

Indeed, booked mine already.

£1150 SFO, LAX, LAS, SEA

1K East coast destinations.

7 night stay required
#940230 by Sealink
16 Dec 2017, 20:05
Bizarre. Ex LHR there are sale fares in Upper for one week at end of May.

Ex Dublin it's a veritable feast of bargains!!!
Last edited by Sealink on 17 Dec 2017, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
#940253 by Sealink
17 Dec 2017, 20:51
Expedia and Kayak.

Expedia do a nice ex Dub on an evening flight with an overnight in London, so saves taking luggage with you to Dublin.
#940254 by mitchja
17 Dec 2017, 21:08
You only seem to get the lowest prices ex DUB if you take a 7 day round trip. Anything less than 7 days and the fare jumps up and in some cases (MIA for example) it only works Sat>Sat as well.

Expedia is also giving over-night stop-overs at LHR on the return leg for some of the MIA flights as well making it easier to ditch the final leg back to DUB.
#940256 by catsilversword
17 Dec 2017, 21:33
I think I’m a bit lost here - if I go to Expedia and input VS in airline options, I can’t get anything to come up. I kind of see that, as Virgin don’t fly to Dublin, so how do you get round that? If I don’t specify VS, I can get flights to come up with other airlines - but they’re not cheap!

Must be doing something wrong...
#940259 by mitchja
17 Dec 2017, 21:51
This is how I search for ex-Dub flights on Expedia:

Expedia.jpeg
Expedia.jpeg (545.67 KiB) Viewed 6827 times

You just have to be careful though as sometimes Expedia will 're-price' the flight on the final screen increasing the price.
#940262 by mikethe3rd
17 Dec 2017, 22:10
I couldn't find what I wanted on Expedia, so I copied by ITA itinerary and pasted it into bookwithmatrix.com. I ignored their FlightNetwork price and opted to book with Priceline. I was nervous and still am, but I can see my booking on both sites so I assume I'm good?! I've got exactly what I want (DUB the day before and two days after on the return) for £1050pp.

Tip: use miconnect 1000 as an ITA code. It's time in minutes - forces the DUB flights a day later on both outbound and inbound. Here's a screen grab.

https://matrix.itasoftware.com
#940266 by seany
18 Dec 2017, 00:45
mitchja wrote:You only seem to get the lowest prices ex DUB if you take a 7 day round trip. Anything less than 7 days and the fare jumps up and in some cases (MIA for example) it only works Sat>Sat as well.

7 nights is true, but I have booked Tuesday to Tuesday next March (and could have had any day) so don't think it has to be sat>sat

I have normally booked ex-DUBS via expedia in the past, but on this occasion used a site called TravelUp, which I have never used before. It offered me way more options than expedia, and the booking process was very easy, I would recommend this site if anybody can't get the flights they need on expedia.
#940289 by Vegascrazy
20 Dec 2017, 09:41
I got a fab ex DUB in CW to Las Vegas just after Easter, booked directly on BA.com for €1300 - yes euros! With first sector the day before the LHR-LAS flight and last sector (which of course won’t be used!) ex LCY, so bags will have to short checked back to LHR :)
Virgin Atlantic