This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#157 by Bazz
21 Jan 2004, 10:18
Another snippet from Declan over on VSFan:

quote:Anyway watch this space there are some big changes coming to the Econonmy and PE service this year!!!

The VS staffers over there like to tease don't they! ;)

Bazz
Still Flying
#25348 by mitchja
21 Jan 2004, 18:14
I wonder if it refers to the new seats that they are about to start fitting in the 747-400's?

Silver Flying Club member since 2000
#25350 by AndyK
21 Jan 2004, 22:14
Sounds intriguing, what new seats? Anywhere I can find out more info on that?
Cheers
#25364 by mitchja
22 Jan 2004, 20:18
The seats they will be putting in G-VFAB and G-VHOT which are about to go in for a complete re-fit. I think the seats are the same as the ones currently on the A340-600's ([?][?])- I may be wrong here as I not been on the 600 yet. The only thing I know is PE seats now have a lap-top power points not sure about any other differences?

But hey - this might not be what Bazz is refering to anyway in the original post....guess we will just have to wait and see.

#25366 by si_fitz
22 Jan 2004, 21:49
Sounds interesting mithja, where did you get your info on the refits to G-VFAB & G-VHOT ? One of my friends travelled on a A340-600 in the new year and he says the seats in economy are definetely more comfortable than those on the 747's at the moment. I'll try and find more info out on the actual seat though.
#25367 by mitchja
22 Jan 2004, 23:56
quote:Originally posted by si_fitz
Sounds interesting mithja, where did you get your info on the refits to G-VFAB & G-VHOT ? One of my friends travelled on a A340-600 in the new year and he says the seats in economy are definetely more comfortable than those on the 747's at the moment. I'll try and find more info out on the actual seat though.

Hi si-fitz

I was in this months I-Fly magazine (you get this every few months when you join Flying Club - gives you all the info and updates etc.)

These 2 aircraft will also be getting suited up and fitted with V:Port too

Online version of this can be found at:

http://www.iflyvirginatlantic.com

#25368 by si_fitz
23 Jan 2004, 00:15
I dont know how i managed to miss that in I-fly. It's good to know that two of the older planes are being kitted up though! Sounds like I stand a better chance of getting a V.port and the UCS when I travel to LAX in sept in UC. ( Well, you can always hope!!!)
#25370 by Bazz
23 Jan 2004, 09:52
Hi Guys,

It now appears that only one aircraft, either G-VFAB or G-VHOT, will be in for refit in Feb the other has been put back to June [:(]

Bazz
Still Flying
#25373 by BlackCat
23 Jan 2004, 16:37
quote:[It now appears that only one aircraft, either G-VFAB or G-VHOT, will be in for refit in Feb the other has been put back to June [:(]

So that means 3 planes done by the original LHR completion date of Spring 2004. Maybe the A340-600s coming to replace the old Airbuses might have UCS fitted prior to delivery? Ho hum...

BC
#25375 by si_fitz
23 Jan 2004, 22:57
Does anybody know why there has been such a delay in getting the new seats fitted? ( Especially in UC ). After spending a large amount of money on advertising the seats, the actual roll-out has been very slow. Oh well folks, lets hope they speed it up alittle!:)
Virgin Atlantic