This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#794069 by CHill710
21 Oct 2011, 07:26
just achieved SEQ1 for both my BD domestic flights tomorrow

that was worth being awake early.
#794343 by tontybear
26 Oct 2011, 08:57
Managed SEQ 2 for my LHR-DUS flight tomorrow morning and SEQ 3 for the onward to EWR

Well the BP says 'Boarding No' so I assume thats the same as SEQ

This is on LH btw so dosen't really count. I'll be playing for real next week for the VS10!
#794834 by LovingGold
03 Nov 2011, 12:33
So after reading these posts I decided to have a go at the SEQ 1 lark. Always checked in at the airport before. I like walking to the Upper Class Check-In or using the Drive-Thru at LHR.
To my delight - I got it :D

Name
Flight
Seat
XXXXX XXXXX
10A
From
Date
Time
London - London Gatwick Airport
(LGW)
04/NOV/2011
11:20
To
Class
Las Vegas - McCarran
International Airport (LAS)
Upper Class
Seq No. 1
Ticket type E-ticket

If I could work out how to upload the PDF I would attach as an attachment!!! :(!

Now, where do I claim my prize????
#794838 by Spill
03 Nov 2011, 13:24
Does OLCI open exactly 24 hours before the flight? The reason I asked was that I travelled Aer Lingus from DUB to MCO last week and tried to checkin 10 minutes before the 24 hour window, an it worked fine. PS some AL flights allow you to check in much earlier, but not for MCO.
Also, what data do you need to supply for VS OLCI once logged in to my booking? Or it it simply a single mouse click?
#794849 by honey lamb
03 Nov 2011, 15:07
Spill wrote: PS some AL flights allow you to check in much earlier, but not for MCO.
Also, what data do you need to supply for VS OLCI once logged in to my booking? Or it it simply a single mouse click?

Aer Lingus allows you to check in 30 hours before your flight from Irish and UK airports and 24 hours in advance from JFK, BOS and ORD. It also allows for advance OLCI from 30 days up to 30 hours before your flight for flights to European destinations provided that you have selected and paid extra for seats.

For VS OLCI, provided you have provided Advance Passenger Information and have your ESTA approved you need nothing more than your booking reference. You will be asked to confirm that this information is correct
#794853 by pjh
03 Nov 2011, 15:30
LovingGold wrote:So after reading these posts I decided to have a go at the SEQ 1 lark. Always checked in at the airport before. I like walking to the Upper Class Check-In or using the Drive-Thru at LHR.

Do both, not one or the other... y)

honey lamb wrote:For VS OLCI, provided you have provided Advance Passenger Information and have your ESTA approved you need nothing more than your booking reference. You will be asked to confirm that this information is correct

Unless they "lose" it which they did with mine last year.
#794894 by honey lamb
04 Nov 2011, 00:39
Well I did OLCI at T-47 but I don't know what SEQ I have. I'm told to bring my printed boarding card to check-in along with my passport and credit card used to secure the booking but it won't let me print the boarding pass so I don't know my SEQ

Tomorrow I shall do OLCI for my Aer Lingus segment but I shall not be able to do it until at least 30 minutes after it opens for those who have not pre-selected and paid for seats. They have been able to do this 30 days before departure so SEQ1 will indeed be a bonus!
#794923 by honey lamb
04 Nov 2011, 11:36
Well I got SEQ 4 for my Aer Lingus flight which, considering I did OLCI 30 minutes after it opened is not bad at all :D
#794984 by Petmadness
05 Nov 2011, 10:56
LiamRugby wrote:Seq1 for Ba club home from Antigua tonight.. Trying to explain to the girlfriend why I was so excited about getting seq1 was probably a mistake though.....

Same problem here......trying to explain why I want to be ready for OLCI when it opens for our HKG flight next week :? She just doesn't get it v(
#795235 by honey lamb
08 Nov 2011, 02:42
Just remembered that I forgot to check my boarding pass for the Singapore airlines flight. :| Oh the shame!!
#795236 by catsilversword
08 Nov 2011, 06:31
Spill wrote:Does OLCI open exactly 24 hours before the flight? The reason I asked was that I travelled Aer Lingus from DUB to MCO last week and tried to checkin 10 minutes before the 24 hour window, an it worked fine. PS some AL flights allow you to check in much earlier, but not for MCO.

It's all a mystery to me. I've tried to do OLCI 5, 10 mins early, on time, hitting refresh... never yet managed SEQ1. It never bothered me until recently lol - actually, I blame you lot on here, cos previously, I wasn't even aware of it!
Last edited by catsilversword on 24 Jun 2015, 22:33, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Edited to fix quotes
#795241 by Petmadness
08 Nov 2011, 09:10
catsilversword wrote:
Spill wrote:Does OLCI open exactly 24 hours before the flight? The reason I asked was that I travelled Aer Lingus from DUB to MCO last week and tried to checkin 10 minutes before the 24 hour window, an it worked fine. PS some AL flights allow you to check in much earlier, but not for MCO.

It's all a mystery to me. I've tried to do OLCI 5, 10 mins early, on time, hitting refresh... never yet managed SEQ1. It never bothered me until recently lol - actually, I blame you lot on here, cos previously, I wasn't even aware of it!

I completed OLCI for my flight to HKG and it opened exactly at T-24, to y disappointment! I agree this forum is a bad influence :D Love you all really :X
#795404 by tontybear
11 Nov 2011, 20:31
norcalflyer wrote:I just have to ask - other than bragging rights, does one win a prize for SEQ1?

nope.

it gets you no extra benefits at all.
#795409 by preiffer
11 Nov 2011, 22:09
tontybear wrote:
norcalflyer wrote:I just have to ask - other than bragging rights, does one win a prize for SEQ1?

nope.

it gets you no extra benefits at all.

...if anything, it suggests you genuinely have nothing better to do with your time than interrupt whatever you're doing to check-in online and feel the "joy" (?!) of getting the number 1 on your boarding pass...

...right...

(Not sure I'd interrupt my evening, or worse - *holiday*, to do it myself!)
Virgin Atlantic