This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#788459 by Pianofunk
14 Aug 2011, 15:15
First time SEQ1 & SEQ2 on VS19 today . . . I could barely contain myself and hotel staff must have thought that I'd won the lottery when it came through!
#788821 by georginac
19 Aug 2011, 13:49
Yes its me, the hated one back again. Just wondered who got Seq 1 for VS019 tomorrow, I got Seq 2 and the seat I wanted. Maybe I'll see you at the bar - cheers all despite our "issues." I doubt I'll be back, as obviously will never be able to fly anything other than UC again, and bank account means won't be able to fly anything other than cattle class again :)
Last edited by georginac on 24 Jun 2015, 22:33, edited 2 times in total. Reason: thread merged in to main SEQ number thread.
#788830 by Martin
19 Aug 2011, 15:58
Georgina - well done on your SEQ2, that's pretty good going and the bigger win is you got the seat you wanted.

BTW No one is hated round here, all contributors are welcome - especially if you decide to file your trip report :)

In the virtual world, just like the real one, people have differing views quite often, but that should not be taken as hate or rejection.

Have a great flight tomorrow and enjoy SFO or wherever your travels take you.

Cheers

Martin
#788833 by honey lamb
19 Aug 2011, 16:42
georginac wrote:Yes its me, the hated one back again. Just wondered who got Seq 1 for VS019 tomorrow, I got Seq 2 and the seat I wanted. Maybe I'll see you at the bar - cheers all despite our "issues." I doubt I'll be back, as obviously will never be able to fly anything other than UC again, and bank account means won't be able to fly anything other than cattle class again :)

"The hated one" ?| Sweetheart, you aren't even on the radar for that title! Spammers and trolls? Yes! You? Absolutely no!

So go off and enjoy your flight in the seat you wanted and have a good trip
#788836 by Luke085
19 Aug 2011, 21:46
georginac wrote:Thanks honeylamb, looking forward to TRYING to let go and let myself be pampered - easier said than done for me. Now hoping for a good flight back on VS024 - personally hate LA but that's where my tour ends so has to be done.

I hope you post your trip reports on your return, love reading them! :D
#788910 by thisisbeaker
21 Aug 2011, 15:24
Dammit. SEQ 8&9 for VS011 tomorrow. Clearly I'm a novice! Looking forward to posting my first TR. BTW, what is 'acceptable' in terms of check-in time? The flight is at 15.05, and the last (and only) time we used the CH, flying to ORD last summer, we got there 2.5 hrs before the flight, and the OH and I missed out on a treatment, so don't want that to happen again! Then again, don't want the humuliation of pitching up at 10, only to be turned away for being too early!!
#788919 by tontybear
21 Aug 2011, 17:31
They won't turn you away if you arrived at 10.

Then again 5 hours is a long time to wait.

Personally I've found 3-4 hours 'enough' for a planned trip to the CH (different if the flight is delayed of course or if you have a limited number of travel connections to LHR).
#788921 by honey lamb
21 Aug 2011, 17:53
thisisbeaker wrote:Then again, don't want the humuliation of pitching up at 10, only to be turned away for being too early!!

I've turned up at 9am (on a connecting flight) for VS1 which goes out around 4pm and on one occasion there was a guy in before me who was still there when I left
#788954 by Penny_L
21 Aug 2011, 23:02
thisisbeaker wrote:Dammit. SEQ 8&9 for VS011 tomorrow. Clearly I'm a novice! Looking forward to posting my first TR. BTW, what is 'acceptable' in terms of check-in time? The flight is at 15.05, and the last (and only) time we used the CH, flying to ORD last summer, we got there 2.5 hrs before the flight, and the OH and I missed out on a treatment, so don't want that to happen again! Then again, don't want the humuliation of pitching up at 10, only to be turned away for being too early!!

You wont be turned away for being too early, I was on the VS11 yesterday and was 1st in the CH at 7am..
#788955 by tontybear
21 Aug 2011, 23:04
mitchja wrote:SEQ1 for the VS200 tomorrow (Monday) :D 8D

(only managed 6 for my BA domestic flight though)

Yay!

Does BA matter though?
#789033 by Kenshiro
22 Aug 2011, 20:49
Just checked my boarding pass and I have Seq 1 for VS43 tomorrow, wasn't going for it, I just wanted my seat. Out of curiosty I just checked my boarding pass e-mail from my last trip and it turns out I booked the exact same flight, date and seat back in 2010 and had Seq 1 then without realising it! haha. :P :D
#789126 by tontybear
23 Aug 2011, 22:11
homer_j wrote:I got SEQ1 on VS40 for todays flight... What do I win :)?

nuffink ! (even the crew will probbaly only nod and smile politly and mouth to each other 'we have a right one here' )

You just get the quiet satisfaction that you were 1st to check-in.
#789143 by Petmadness
24 Aug 2011, 08:04
sunsational wrote:Hehe, just got 1,2,3, MIA-LHR VS006 tomorrow. (might be today UK time) Not bad considering two different bookings, 3 people travelling - two computers next to each other...bingo.

OMG I have just realised how sad I am!

Karen

Not sad - just dedicated oo)

Have a great flight :D

Mark
#789144 by Guest
24 Aug 2011, 08:12
sunsational wrote:Hehe, just got 1,2,3, MIA-LHR VS006 tomorrow. (might be today UK time) Not bad considering two different bookings, 3 people travelling - two computers next to each other...bingo.

OMG I have just realised how sad I am!

Karen

Great result!! Well worth the effort, well done!!
#789272 by Martin
25 Aug 2011, 15:30
Yoohoo!

Just got SEQs 1 and 2 for VS11 tomorrow. It will be my wife's first time in Upper and her first visit to the Clubhouse. To cap it all, its our wedding anniversary :)

I must say, SEQ 1 hunting is almost as exciting as the flight itself!

Cheers

Martin

(This is sad, .... but great fun.)
#789273 by Guest
25 Aug 2011, 15:35
Martin wrote:Yoohoo!

Just got SEQs 1 and 2 for VS11 tomorrow. It will be my wife's first time in Upper and her first visit to the Clubhouse. To cap it all, its our wedding anniversary :)

I must say, SEQ 1 hunting is almost as exciting as the flight itself!

Cheers

Martin

(This is sad, .... but great fun.)

Great result!

Have a lovely anniversary, what an excellent way for your wife to spend it! :)
Virgin Atlantic