This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#278 by popeckia
18 Feb 2004, 01:39
Hi,

I am heading to Orlando in August, and booked tickets with Continental but with a flight that is apparently run by Virgin. We've been checking the excellent seat plans on this site, but we weren't sure what sort of impact there would be having bought CO tickets rather than Virgin.

They were half the price, so frankly we wouldn't be that dissapointed if we had to hang off the landing gear, but what we really want to do is book the exit row seats for the extra leg room.

We understand that they can't be pre-booked, so we were planning to take advantage of the "twilight booking" we saw advertised in the Virgin brochure that allows checking in the day before.

As a result, I have a few questions that I would be very grateful is someone could answer...

As Continental ticket holders, will we be able to check in the day before?
Do we even check in at the Virgin desk?
If not, is such a service available at the Continental check in desk?
Do you have to pay extra for the exit row seats?
Are there any differences between the CO tickets and the Virgin ones? We are far from frequent flyers, so air miles and points etc. don't matter to us...

Thanks for any help you can give me!