This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#928836 by David
14 Nov 2016, 21:40
Still unable to get logged in but thought I'd have a try and look for some flights.

Where are the special "offers" ? Or are there none. ?

(It's all a bit clonky )

Oh and it doesnt render well on an iPad

IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0402.JPG (139.39 KiB) Viewed 3038 times

David
Last edited by David on 14 Nov 2016, 21:45, edited 2 times in total.
#928841 by vic110
14 Nov 2016, 23:09
I still can't log in to my account but I did manage to log into my booking which now I see has a new booking reference. I checked my seat plan which took a few attempts and I see that the seat plan has changed. We are on a flight from Manchester to San Francisco which I think is a A330. The seat map now only has 3 rows of seats instead of 4.
#928842 by spacedog
14 Nov 2016, 23:17
OK, having been quite kind to the desktop site, I have to say the mobile site is an unmitigated disaster! It's poorly formatted so I need to scroll down but also sideways to read things. It's very hard to find what you're looking for. If I try to log in to FC, it just tells me there's no page for my "tiny screen." So I select to use the desktop site, and this brings up a login page, but after logging in I am redirected to the mobile site with the same issue of no way to access my account. I'm on a Samsung S6. Fortunately my next three booked VS trips are all in 2017, but I am hoping all gremlins will be expunged for people with pressing needs soon!
#928844 by honey lamb
14 Nov 2016, 23:32
This is getting crazy!

I haven't been able to access my account using either my name or email, so I managed to dig out my latest card (which was still in its unopened envelope). Nope! Still unsuccessful and this time it's the password so I clicked the link to reset the password. Almost immediately three identical emails came through addressing me by name so I clicked on the link to reset the password. All fine and dandy so far! Entered the new password and confirmed it, but underneath that is written "We do not have an email address associated with your account. You must provide a valid email to continue". Er, you just sent me an email! How could you not have an email associated with the account? *shakes head in bewilderment*. Then comes the security questions. Fair enough. Job done and now to click on the Change my Password link.

So what happens? Nothing, zilch, nada! Well except for a banner at the top of the page which says "We're very sorry - we cannot process your request right now. Please try again later" *bangs head against wall*
#928846 by gumshoe
14 Nov 2016, 23:38
vic110 wrote:We are on a flight from Manchester to San Francisco which I think is a A330. The seat map now only has 3 rows of seats instead of 4.

That's because the UC cabins on the A330s are being refitted over the next year to make them less crowded. The 'D' seats are being removed.
#928847 by inkiboo
14 Nov 2016, 23:45
To add, I've been unable to login at all despite Virgin saying everything is fine.

What a complete and utter joke. I've been happily using the same username and password for the last 12 years; why did they have to mess it up?
#928848 by Hev60
14 Nov 2016, 23:51
On dear what an utter mess.

Yesterday i felt quite elated because I did manage to get into my FC account via old membership number, updated everything and got email confirming update success. However like so many others have said, today it's gone backwards - a total shut out as regards the FC.

I cannot log in now, cannot update password when requested and now told too many attempts have been made, so need to contact service centre.

Personally feel too much has been attempted by an Orgainsation who has always struggled consistently with IT >-( They should have got the new VS web site up and running first. Then in a few months change the Flying Club.

Does anyone else get a weird page when using the 'Links' button on top page? I certainly cannot access the Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Holidays Web pages via that link anymore.

I think I'll give it all a rest for a bit and see if all these issues are sorted :-(
#928849 by inkiboo
14 Nov 2016, 23:56
Also unless I am missing it because I can't login to FC, there appears to be no calendar showing other options when searching for miles flights?

If that is the case, that will make it almost impossible to find miles.

Virgin, you really have gone downhill.
#928850 by Hev60
14 Nov 2016, 23:58
inkiboo wrote: I've been happily using the same username and password for the last 12 years; why did they have to mess it up?

Absolutely, they never told us the Username system was changing and when I thought I updated yesterday, there was nothing to say that our previous password from old account wouldn't work for next time log on -which seems to be the case for everyone posting today >-( >-(
#928851 by inkiboo
15 Nov 2016, 00:03
Well there is one winner in all this; BA, because I've just booked my next trip with them because I can't even login on the Virgin website.

What a complete disaster. Whoever is in charge of this "upgrade" should be fired, and whoever was in charge of them can go too.

I think we've put up with a lot being loyal to Virgin through many changes that haven't always been for the best. But if you can't even get a website working, something even Ryanair seem to manage, then what hope is there?
#928852 by Stevieboy
15 Nov 2016, 00:39
honey lamb wrote:This is getting crazy!

I haven't been able to access my account using either my name or email, so I managed to dig out my latest card (which was still in its unopened envelope). Nope! Still unsuccessful and this time it's the password so I clicked the link to reset the password. Almost immediately three identical emails came through addressing me by name so I clicked on the link to reset the password. All fine and dandy so far! Entered the new password and confirmed it, but underneath that is written "We do not have an email address associated with your account. You must provide a valid email to continue". Er, you just sent me an email! How could you not have an email associated with the account? *shakes head in bewilderment*. Then comes the security questions. Fair enough. Job done and now to click on the Change my Password link.

So what happens? Nothing, zilch, nada! Well except for a banner at the top of the page which says "We're very sorry - we cannot process your request right now. Please try again later" *bangs head against wall*

This is exactly my experience as I posted above, only difference being is that it worked yesterday. I tried calling this evening but after 1.5 hours gave up :-O

-Steve
#928853 by tontybear
15 Nov 2016, 00:46
Hev60 wrote:
inkiboo wrote: I've been happily using the same username and password for the last 12 years; why did they have to mess it up?

Absolutely, they never told us the Username system was changing and when I thought I updated yesterday, there was nothing to say that our previous password from old account wouldn't work for next time log on -which seems to be the case for everyone posting today >-( >-(

Indeed if they had given people warning over the last few months every time they logged in that (a) log in would be by email not a user name and (b) no special characters allowed in passwords it would have given many people chance to change over gradually.

I bet the poor staff in the call centre are spitting feathers just over this one aspect. How much of their time has been wasted?

And that's before the calls about all the other changes to e.g. booking references etc
#928857 by Vegascrazy
15 Nov 2016, 08:23
Is anyone able to confirm where we are supposed to enter the passport element of API on a booking? There is nowhere under 'Secure flight passenger data and contact information'. Earlier in this thread Mitcha mentioned there is a place in our FC Profiles, but surely passport data is *the* key element of what is needed API-wise against the actual booking - just as on BA, EZY...etc? Besides what if the passenger is not a member of FC and thus has no Profile?

I asked the same question on VA's Twitter only to receive a reply saying that the passport info should be entered under 'Secure flight passenger data and contact information'. I DM'd them a screen shot of what is possible to enter in that area. Hours later I received a DM stating 'Sorry for the delay in responding, is everything OK now'? I replied again with an even more detailed screenshot proving there are no passport entry fields in the area they said......no reply received back as yet.

All I can think is that passengers are no longer asked to complete the passport element of API in advance and need to do this at OLCI? Unless perhaps (for FC members only) it is pulled though from Profile at time of OLCU? Does anyone else know?

Thanks
James
Last edited by Vegascrazy on 15 Nov 2016, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
#928859 by David
15 Nov 2016, 09:35
Had another play with the (non logged in) site and a starting to feel a bit thick.

How do you do multi destination flights ie flying into MCO and flying out of JFK ?

The only way I can find them is by booking 2 one ways :blush: surely that's not correct ?

David

(and is it only me, but any flights that are showing are horrendous prices)
#928864 by Vegascrazy
15 Nov 2016, 10:44
Vegascrazy wrote:Is anyone able to confirm where we are supposed to enter the passport element of API on a booking? There is nowhere under 'Secure flight passenger data and contact information'. Earlier in this thread Mitcha mentioned there is a place in our FC Profiles, but surely passport data is *the* key element of what is needed API-wise against the actual booking - just as on BA, EZY...etc? Besides what if the passenger is not a member of FC and thus has no Profile?

I asked the same question on VA's Twitter only to receive a reply saying that the passport info should be entered under 'Secure flight passenger data and contact information'. I DM'd them a screen shot of what is possible to enter in that area. Hours later I received a DM stating 'Sorry for the delay in responding, is everything OK now'? I replied again with an even more detailed screenshot proving there are no passport entry fields in the area they said......no reply received back as yet.

All I can think is that passengers are no longer asked to complete the passport element of API in advance and need to do this at OLCI? Unless perhaps (for FC members only) it is pulled though from Profile at time of OLCU? Does anyone else know?

Thanks
James

OK...finally, finally I have a reply (on Twitter) from VS which, whilst a backward step, at least makes sense of the lack of passport API area on Manage My Booking!! Why oh why did they keep insisting that the facility existed when all along it has been removed! >>

"Hi James, I've just spoken to the web team. I can confirm that you only now enter passport numbers at the online check-in stage, which is why there is no longer an option to enter passport API against your booking".

I am sincerely hoping that, as a minimum , Flying Club members will have the option to auto-pull through their passport details from their FC profile. If not, the ONCI experience becomes a cumbersome affair with needing passports to hand for all passengers on the booking!
Last edited by Vegascrazy on 15 Nov 2016, 10:46, edited 2 times in total.
#928865 by MoJoJo
15 Nov 2016, 10:45
Login page on the website now seems to be broken although the app still works.

The incorrect TPs and consecutive years issues are still being worked on.

Maybe it would of been an idea to do one thing at a time?
#928869 by DoomWolf
15 Nov 2016, 11:18
The Shops Away link has gone (had to use the site search to even find any reference to it), replaced by a message saying that the facility is currently not available. That's 80 miles missed out on from my weekly online Sainbury's shop.

As a test of the flight search I did a search for flights from Heathrow to Salt Lake City next August, as this is what I've already got booked on Delta (through Virgin with a VS flight code), to see if it would show the Delta flights. It returned a message that no flights were available on that route either through Virgin or any partners. I then changed the destination on the search to JFK, leaving LHR as the departure airport and the dates the same. All it returned was Delta flights with no Virgin flights to JFK at all!
#928870 by itisme
15 Nov 2016, 12:51
Tried logging in the last couple of days but nothing worked. So bit of a shame that I have to come on this forum instead of a official source to see what is going on and if I was the only one with this issue (clearly not). No communication whatsoever from virgin themselves. I was already starting to get fed up with this company but it's becoming too much.. Their IT people literally are taking this company down year after year... >-(
Virgin Atlantic