This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#929318 by MoJoJo
24 Nov 2016, 19:23
gumshoe wrote:Yes that's what I meant!

Search for two one-ways in case availability is better on the return leg, which it often is.

Then ring FC to book it as a return.

Got it, sorry having been awake since 3am brain is not fully functional today!
#929320 by Silver Fox
24 Nov 2016, 20:10
Well as I am likely to have to postpone or cancel my current trip I was looking at miles plus money in Jan/Feb/March LGW-LAS-LGW and the prices are absolutely crazy. Miles plus money PE was approx 5200 and UC 6800. That really does not seem right to me.

Edited to add that I now see you have to use the Miles drop down, but it really is still crap. Nope, doesn't smell right to me.
#929321 by MoJoJo
24 Nov 2016, 21:06
Silver Fox wrote:Well as I am likely to have to postpone or cancel my current trip I was looking at miles plus money in Jan/Feb/March LGW-LAS-LGW and the prices are absolutely crazy. Miles plus money PE was approx 5200 and UC 6800. That really does not seem right to me.

Edited to add that I now see you have to use the Miles drop down, but it really is still crap. Nope, doesn't smell right to me.

I'm struggling with the various different reasons I've now been given why it's no longer possible to book cash and cash plus miles to upgrade flights direct with VS to Cuba

1. It's Deltas booking system and due to US relations with Cuba you can't book - uhh no, I can search and book flights on Delta's site to Cuba from the US now

2. We've changed our policy and you have to call VH to book Why???

Waiting for the Social Media team to confirm if the VH call centre booking fee gets waived and if the have an AU dedicated phone number.
#929324 by contractor
24 Nov 2016, 22:34
optional redress entry empty fail still present. Good to know they are on point with fixing things....
#929325 by contractor
24 Nov 2016, 22:39
and now when I click "my booking" I only have the most recent booking present, my two reward bookings that were there an hour ago have vanished. This is the site that just keeps on giving.
#929329 by Silver Fox
25 Nov 2016, 07:59
The more I fight it, the more I realise the reward availability checker has gone from simple and useful to an absolute pain in the neck. It is clumsy and non-intuitive. Certainly an aspect of this change that is negative.
#929348 by Silver Fox
25 Nov 2016, 17:17
Also, and it may have been mentioned before, the "chat" box doesn't appear now (the one time I want it to!).

And having changed a flight it shows the correct details on the web page for the date in Jan now, when I come to "View receipt" it has the old flight details in there for Nov. My thought is that it hasn't ticketed yet but I cannot find where that is. It says "passenger status confirmed" against our names but not sure where to look to see if it has been ticketed.

"My booking", depending where I am on the site, either works and shows me my flight or it asks me for my details as thought it cannot find them even though I am logged in.
#929408 by NYLON
26 Nov 2016, 23:52
In the pull-down menu under My Activity, I notice there is an option for, er, Delta Credit/Debit Cards (but nothing specific for VS credit cards - that's just listed under Other)! :-O

That might explain why my VS credit card miles and TPs (from both UK and US cards) still have not posted. Has anyone had success with miles/TPs posting from their credit cards? Both MBNA and Bank of America have my updated FC number.
#929409 by stuart_f
27 Nov 2016, 00:12
When you aren't logged in the first major "tile" under the stupidly big banner heading is about "Be Rewarded" and is for joining the Flying Club. When you log in the same "Be Rewarded" tile is shown. Why?!? If I've logged in I must, by definition, have already joined!

I hate this website more and more the longer I look at it.
#929417 by casey0999
27 Nov 2016, 15:19
NYLON wrote:That might explain why my VS credit card miles and TPs (from both UK and US cards) still have not posted. Has anyone had success with miles/TPs posting from their credit cards? Both MBNA and Bank of America have my updated FC number.

I have the Virgin-branded Mastercard in the US, which gives miles and tier points (the latter if you spend over $2500 or $5000 on one statement). At first I thought that the miles and tier points were not posting, but upon careful examination of my credit card statements, and the Activity on the web site I find: (a) the miles have been posting under the (approximate) closing date of the CC statement, and (b) the tier points do not show in the activity, but the tier point balance does seem to increase appropriately.

By the way, although I plan to do so, I have NOT updated my VS membership number on the CC site! I just had a statement two days ago and everything posted as mentioned above.

I would suggest that check your miles and tier point balances before and after the next CC statement, and see what happens. Write everything down, as it seems impossible to check what got added when as far tier points go. Kind of a rubbish transition IMHO!
#929423 by spacedog
27 Nov 2016, 16:30
The new website is depressing me a lot on mobile :( I can't log into my FC account at all, and the app doesn't instill me with confidence as it doesn't appear to be updating well.
#929429 by NYLON
27 Nov 2016, 18:10
casey0999 wrote:
NYLON wrote:That might explain why my VS credit card miles and TPs (from both UK and US cards) still have not posted. Has anyone had success with miles/TPs posting from their credit cards? Both MBNA and Bank of America have my updated FC number.

I have the Virgin-branded Mastercard in the US, which gives miles and tier points (the latter if you spend over $2500 or $5000 on one statement). At first I thought that the miles and tier points were not posting, but upon careful examination of my credit card statements, and the Activity on the web site I find: (a) the miles have been posting under the (approximate) closing date of the CC statement, and (b) the tier points do not show in the activity, but the tier point balance does seem to increase appropriately.

By the way, although I plan to do so, I have NOT updated my VS membership number on the CC site! I just had a statement two days ago and everything posted as mentioned above.

I would suggest that check your miles and tier point balances before and after the next CC statement, and see what happens. Write everything down, as it seems impossible to check what got added when as far tier points go. Kind of a rubbish transition IMHO!

Good tip, thanks. My US VS Mastercard miles and TPs just posted today. It's very messy, as you suggest, Casey. The posting gives the correct number of miles, and reads Premium VAA US Credit Card Tier Point Award. The correct number of miles and TPs have in fact been added to my total, but in the Tier Points column, the entry reads 0. There is nothing in the wording of the posting that indicates the number of TPs awarded.

My UK VS Amex/Visa statement closed over a week ago, and nothing has posted to my FC account yet. Has anyone had any luck with the VS UK credit cards posting since 13 November?
Last edited by NYLON on 27 Nov 2016, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
#929432 by Vegascrazy
27 Nov 2016, 18:19
I'm fairly sure nobody with the UK card, me included, has had any miles posted to their FC accounts since the website downgrade. I was told by MBNA that they have done their bit, as in sending the info to VA, so it's up to VA to post them.
#929450 by NYLON
27 Nov 2016, 21:20
Vegascrazy wrote:I'm fairly sure nobody with the UK card, me included, has had any miles posted to their FC accounts since the website downgrade. I was told by MBNA that they have done their bit, as in sending the info to VA, so it's up to VA to post them.

Wow. Well, I hope the fact that the BoA US cards are posting miles and TPs to FC now is a good sign for the MBNA UK cards.
#929456 by NYLON
27 Nov 2016, 22:44
GILL88 wrote:Question- can I have a virgin Atlantic MasterCard if live in UK?
If yes, would I be charged foreign transaction fees if live in UK ?
Thanks in advance

Do you have any US credit history, a US social security number, and a viable US mailing address (a relative for example who doesn't mind your credit activity being linked to their address)? If so, and if approved, there's no real impediment to your having the card whilst being resident in the UK (there's nothing in the T&C that says you have to be US resident).

There are no foreign transaction fees.
#929468 by Silver Fox
28 Nov 2016, 09:37
Miles seemed to post to mine ok from both US and UK cards. Not sure about the tier points as I am not a collector of them as status for me on VA is not relevant.
#929469 by NYLON
28 Nov 2016, 09:43
Silver Fox wrote:Miles seemed to post to mine ok from both US and UK cards. Not sure about the tier points as I am not a collector of them as status for me on VA is not relevant.

Just to confirm, Silver Fox, have you had miles posted from your UK (MBNA) VS credit card to FC since 13 November? Thanks for checking!

We're moving into randomized double blind placebo control study territory here :-D

#BringBackTheHamsters
#929473 by Silver Fox
28 Nov 2016, 09:57
Oh bugger! Well done for checking NYLON. Numpty that I am I misread the statement date. So, the US miles have posted (25/11/2016) but not the UK ones (usually around 4th of the month)!

Sorry all! I shall have myself flogged when my nurse returns!

NYLON wrote:
Silver Fox wrote:Miles seemed to post to mine ok from both US and UK cards. Not sure about the tier points as I am not a collector of them as status for me on VA is not relevant.

Just to confirm, Silver Fox, have you had miles posted from your UK (MBNA) VS credit card to FC since 13 November? Thanks for checking!

We're moving into randomized double blind placebo control study territory here :-D

#BringBackTheHamsters
#929485 by Tfawkes
28 Nov 2016, 11:39
Vegascrazy wrote:I'm fairly sure nobody with the UK card, me included, has had any miles posted to their FC accounts since the website downgrade. I was told by MBNA that they have done their bit, as in sending the info to VA, so it's up to VA to post them.

Mine posted fine last week without me having to do anything.
#929489 by NYLON
28 Nov 2016, 12:02
Tfawkes wrote:

Thanks for the info, Tfawkes. What date did your statement close, and what date did the miles post to your FC account Thanks!
#929494 by Tfawkes
28 Nov 2016, 13:07
NYLON wrote:
Tfawkes wrote:

Thanks for the info, Tfawkes. What date did your statement close, and what date did the miles post to your FC account Thanks!

Statement was the 21st and they posted on the 23rd, funny thing is they aren't showing in my activity anymore (they were last week) but the total miles is correct so they are defiantly there.
Virgin Atlantic