This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#930445 by property1925
22 Dec 2016, 09:52
Hi

I can search for s specific fare class on the website - in my case a PE S ticket or higher - and it will find the fare for me.

But when I click on it to book, it takes me to a choice of fares (Econ, PE or Upper) and gives me the lowest PE fare - which is not S. I can see why the lowest is best most of the time - but how do I book the higher fare?

What's the point of the search if I can't book it? What am I missing/doing wrong please?

(I know I can phone in - but I don't have a couple of hours to waste)

Thanks.
#930449 by CommanderB
22 Dec 2016, 11:08
I just tried this on LHR>JFK on random dates in march next year. Worked fine. Showed me a fare of about £1500 for S. Picked outbound and inbound, then proceeded to review and passenger info. On the review page it still shows as S (or at least i'm fairly sure it was, as the new DL booking system codes are a little indecipherable at the moment).

When you select a booking class, it should only show you that class and higher. I didn't see any options for Y, as expected.

So yes... you should be able to do it. However, with the recent website cockup, maybe there is something different in your workflow thats causing it to fail.
#930458 by mitchja
22 Dec 2016, 15:57
It only works when you select 'Exact Dates' for the 'Show flights for' section at the very beginning.

If you select 'Within 1 week' or 'Within 5 weeks', it defaults to the lowest available fare after the next date matrix screen (even though the date matrix screen shows the correct S fare price).

When 'Exact Dates' is selected at the beginning of the booking process along with your minimum fare class, that bypasses the date matrix page and takes you straight to the cabin/flight selection page.

Example LHR>JFK return May 25 - 28th, Premium Economy S fare minimum

With 'Within 1 week' selected - flight summary = £784.67 (fare code KKW4SPMG)
With 'Exact Dates' selected - flight summary = £1682.67 (fare code SKW2GBL)
Virgin Atlantic