This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931419 by tvr_p
15 Jan 2017, 17:44
As is usually the answer these days, it depends.

You'll be paying the £140 fee so you'd be "buying" the 18,500 miles at about 0.76p/mile - as to whether that's worth while, it'll depend on whether you can get more value than 0.76p/mile when you redeem them?
#931451 by dickydotcom
16 Jan 2017, 14:15
I'd say it's worth it in the first year because it's not just the 18K bonus it's double the miles of the white card.
After the first year it's just the double miles which may or may not be worth it depending on your spend.

It's also worth considering where you save your miles. Mrs D and I have always had separate accounts and when the rule was you could use two accounts to pay for one trip it worked fine.
If I understand the new rules it has to be one account for each booking so it would make sense to have all the miles in one place. I'm still mulling it over but I think I'll put Mrs D onto my black card as we have just moved house and there are going to be a lot of big bills coming up.

Dick D
#931461 by oldboy
16 Jan 2017, 21:37
I always try & book our holidays whether Virgin or not with Virgin Holidays, 4 miles for every pound spent on a Virgin Amex Black Card.
Virgin Atlantic