This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932092 by Ianflies
29 Jan 2017, 15:12
I was looking forward to flying home from JFK on the VS04 and sampling their lounge for the first time there. Upon checking in at the lounge (from an internal Delta flight from FLL, my bags checked through), I was told this flight was cancelled due to technical issues, and we were being re-routed on the BA flight home, as while EC and PE pax could get on their latter VS flights, there was no room for UC. We were really disappointed here, hardly anyone was in there, it looked pristine, we had a quick (and very tasty) glass of fizz whilst waiting details of our new flight, and the menu looked enticing.

I was told bags would be re-routed automatically (huh) and we would have to go to T7 for our flight. Disappointingly I waved goodbye to the serenity of the quiet VS lounge to the bedlam of the BA lounge. The lounge staff didn't really empathise with our predicament (landing at T5 now rather than T3 where our car would be, and none of their phones could get an international line, so I had to use my phone) and they were very unconvincing around our luggage being re-routed automatically without our intervention.

We got the train to T7 to the lounge - scruffy, busy, poor food and not so inviting, imho. A bit of a scrum and the buffet option was, to me, very unappealing.

I hadn’t flown BA J class for a while (F previous 2 occasions or VS), and was so disappointed with no choice of starters, just a beetroot salad and no choice of dessert. Mains were a typical J class affair – ie. tolerable. No wine was offered, and I had to ask if a wine service was available. Of course, I was told and some was brought over to me. I had hoped it was to be a proactive service.

The breakfast card option was delivered to me an hour before landing, a burrito style egg and bacon thingy which was OK, but quite disappointed with the food offering and service, the way they just plonk your tray pre-filled on your table and that is that. I wish I had taken their $1000 F upgrade, but with an under 6 hour flying time, I didn’t think it worth it.

Needless to say, my luggage did not turn up at T5 with my flight and I had to wait 36 hours for its delivery!
I look forward to this so called improved CW service they keep promising, as I am in no current hurry to return to BA CW as it stands right now.

It was our first departure from JFK on VS in a while so I was quite upset to miss the whole experience and the VS flight home and had to endure the BA JFK experience. Still trying to get my VS miles through for the flight I couldn't take. I have rung the Club helpline 2 days ago and they are looking in to it. On the upside I did get BA Silver miles for my J class flight home, as I added my Avios number at check in, so a bit of compensation there!
#932094 by SlimpyJones
29 Jan 2017, 15:53
Sorry to hear that. I take it there wasn't room even on any of the DL flights? I would have opted to stay overnight and take a VS flight the following day than take a BA one based on your account!