This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932129 by soupey202
30 Jan 2017, 23:30
We have return flights booked lhr-iad- lhr in May, I have just checked and they have changed our seats with one of the seats I had oh so carefully chosen no longer available. The plane is the same so there is no logical reason and my main concern now is that I am going to have to waste a lot of time checking daily to make sure they don't change us again, I would point out I have a disability which VS know about as I have wheelchair assistance booked and the seats for my husband and I are carefully selected! Not happy with VS just leave our seats alone.
#932130 by mitchja
31 Jan 2017, 00:02
I suggest that you speak to VS special assistance on 0344 481 4455 as they may well be able to re-assign you your original seats.
#932131 by stuart_f
31 Jan 2017, 00:04
Hi soupey202, sorry to hear what happened and it sucks to have your careful planning undone when you've done nothing wrong.

I'm going to make a huge assumption now: I'm going to assume that you are flying UC and the aircraft you were booked to fly on is an A330.

If that's correct then I can probably explain what has happened. The A330 has been planned to have a seat refit for quite a while now. The 1-2-1 layout was supposed to be changed for a 1-1-1 layout and Virgin have been showing this new, refit layout for most flights from March (ish). As with all things airline, the refit is running late (probably past August) and Virgin is in the process of swapping some of the 1-1-1 layouts back to the older 1-2-1 fit because they won't be changed in time. Your May flights will have been caught up in the middle of this.

Sadly, computers kick in at this point and muck up the bookings with ill-thought out algorithms that do things like take a party in 4A, 5A and 6A and spread them across the cabin into 4A, 4D and 4G. Hardly ideal!

Your best option is to either reselect the required seats online or, if that's not possible, call VS and explain the situation and the disability and see if they will restore the initial seat selections.
#932135 by soupey202
31 Jan 2017, 08:08
Thanks everyone, I must admit I assumed it was to do with the refit but the cabin layout is the same which is why it makes no sense for them to change us. I am going to contact special assistance today so that even if we can't get the original seats back, we keep the seats we now have (or similar) because in the event of a problem it is in no-ones interest to have my husband fighting his way across the cabin to come and help me!
Virgin Atlantic