This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932156 by s2driveruk
01 Feb 2017, 00:13
I am planning a quick weekend trip to the east coast US to top up the TPs and hopefully hold onto Au for another year. I keep trying to do a search on fare code i or above yet on hitting go, it then seems to display fare codes in the flight summary which almost always start with a Z...i want i fare to get the 200 TP per leg.

Another oddity in PE...flight summary then listed an N code.....low ECo fare code...went onto chat to ask wtf. I was told oh yes that is correct, it is PE and is a special fare code earning k fare TPs??????

How on earth anyone can trust the search results is beyond me...need to be doubly sure what you think you are about to pay for before you hit the ok button i think >-(

Anyone else experiencing the same?

David
#932165 by mitchja
01 Feb 2017, 09:31
You also have to make sure you select 'Exact Dates' when searching for specific fare codes.

If you select either the 'within 1 week' or the 'within 5 weeks' option, it will end up defaulting to the lowest available fare.
#932166 by buns
01 Feb 2017, 09:44
I tried to book flights online yesterday (31/1/17) after after selecting flights and putting in personal details, the Website went off for a wander. Ended up using the old fashioned method of the talking bone!

If you ask me, all is not well in the State of Delta / VS IT systems

buns
#932187 by daviis
01 Feb 2017, 18:39
I hope everything is up and running okay this Saturday morning at 00:01am as I want to book my JFK to LHR UC reward seats for 1st Jan 2018 !!!!!
Virgin Atlantic